AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

What do I need to do to get someone to help me?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is my third request on this forum.

I have requested ownership from whoever owns my page twice and gotten no response at all. I have 17 5 star reviews that I don't want to lose. Here is all of the information requested to resolve this problem: 

The Law Office of David B. Tarr

1313 Elmwood Ave Ste B

ColumbiaSC 29201

803-238-7967

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Law+Office+of+David+B.+Tarr,+L.L.C./@34.014397,-81.036809,15z/data...

https://www.davidtarrlaw.com/

I would greatly appreciate help to get this resolved.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @David T,

It's a confusing process. I definitely understand where you are getting caught up. So it sounds like you have requested ownership, but do not do anything with the initial email that is sent to you.

Try it again, keep the email.

Full directions below. Let me know if you have any questions. I will help you through this process. 

To get access to a listing that has already been verified, follow these steps:
1. Go ahead and try and claim the listing. It should tell you it’s verified and take you to the request access form.
2. When you fill that out, you’ll get an email. It’s imperative that you do not delete this email because you need it to appeal if the existing owner denies your request to transfer ownership.
3. The current owner has 7 days to respond. Do not contact GMB about this as they won’t do anything if it hasn’t been 7 days. The entire process is automated so you shouldn’t need to contact them at all.
4. If they grant you access within 7 days, your account now becomes the primary owner and they are demoted to a manager. This means you can go in and remove them, if needed.
5. If they deny you access or don’t respond in 7 days, pull up the email you received and click “view request”. If they denied you access, you should see a button to appeal. If they didn’t respond you should see a button that says “verify”. Both of these buttons do the same thing - they allow you to verify the listing via postcard. Once you successfully get the pin and enter it, this immediately boots the other user out completely and you are now the primary owner.

Let me know when you resubmit, and please confirm you received/saved the initial email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for replying, @Craig M. I know this is hard to believe, but I never received that initial email in any of my previous requests, so today I made the request with a different email and immediately received the "You've requested accesss..." email, so I'm hopeful I can get a resolution to this within 7 days. I'll keep you posted.

On another note, don't know why it was so darn hard to tag you in a post!

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

ive got the postcard from google with the pin code but it's not proceeding to receive the ownership,

is it possible that someone from google will contact me for assistance?

all the best,

Emma Shpayer 

tel:+972522534948

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@David T,

Yeah I've had issues with the tagging feature as well. Please do keep me posted. I hope we can get this resolved.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Emma S. Please start your own thread providing there all the specifics to understand your issue.