AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Weird one: Google SERP shows we're in control of location. But shows something else.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's a weird one I can't wrap my head around. We're a take away portal, sort of like GrubHub or Eat24, and operate like an agency.

Recently we've gotten control of a location named "Bankager Pizza og Grill" in city Horsens. A competitor of ours used to have it, but now we have it and have it Verified and everything inside GMB. But changes to the details isn't reflected in Google's SERP, we updated it last Friday.

Now here's the weird bit:

If we Google the location, the SERP shows the blue box to the left, that basically says we're in control of the location, and should start adding images, ads etc. etc. But the GMB box to the right shows totally different (old) information. Looks to me like it is a duplicate location, but we don't get the Dupe warning inside GMB. Company name, address, and phone number is exactly the same. I've triple checked that. I've also tried to edit company name and address inside GMB, to see if that triggers a Dupe warning.

bankager-gmb.PNG

Anyone got any idea on what is going on here? What to do about it?

This is just an example. We're seeing this on several locations. Seems like Google SERP and Google GMB is "out of sync".

Weird one: Google SERP shows we're in control of location. But shows something else.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks very much like Google was "out of sync". 

After a couple of days, all the info changed to something we where in control over. But that Post was still there, just not in the backend.

Today the SERP is fully updated with info that we're in control over.