4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Weird duplicate verified page (looks unverified) - a bulk feed conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I have a duplicate page pickle here.

The business is Avella Specialty Pharmacy. This is the page we own:

https://plus.google.com/+AvellaSpecialtyPharmacySacramento/about

This is the duplicate:  https://plus.google.com/102452500853507036069/about

The duplicate page uses the  local phone number,  and ours uses a toll free. 

Strangely, the dupe looks like an unverified page- any one know what would cause this? No verified checkmark, but has the description in quotes and no claim option. 

A call to Google support was of no use. They said it is part of a bulk feed account, and so could not be unverified, removed, or merged. 

And our page is also part of a bulk feed directly for Avella.

The other page appears to be part of a feed for "Good Neighbor Pharmacy",  a local pharmacy locator website.

I've made map edits, etc. So far nothing. 

There is also another duplicate, called Apothecary shops, which is the previous name of Avella pharmacies.
https://plus.google.com/104847860065987054158/about 

Gonna deal with this later. 

So,  how can I get rid of the duplicate Avella of Sacramento page if it is a conflicting bulk verified account?

The bigger question is how does Google handle this kind of bulk account owner conflict? I would think Avella would have the claim to this, not the pharmacy locator service.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Weird duplicate verified page (looks unverified) - a bulk feed conflict

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

regarding the answer of the support regarding their ability to get rid of or merging the unverified business page https://plus.google.com/102452500853507036069/about with your own verified business  page https://plus.google.com/+AvellaSpecialtyPharmacySacramento 

I frankly doubt this answer was correctly given.

Have spoken with any reps from the US or by chance with support members from India or where ever on the globe?

I recommend trying to contact support an other times.

After having written the above I digged bit on MM and found pretty surprisingly over there that  "Avella of Sacramento" is marked a claimed listing too.

But a user "SweetiQ" (is this you???) made some strange edits trying to change  "Avella of Sacramento" in a way it would be appear as "Avella Specialty Pharmacy"

Those edits of "SweetiQ" are IMHO bad an contraproductive - not to say weird as the edits of "SweetiQ" have made it now "under GoogleModeration".

If you Reagan are this "SweetiQ" I strongly would recommend to undo the edits on  "Avella of Sacramento"

This would at least get rid of the blocking status "Under Google moderation" and we have other and better options to help you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

regarding the answer of the support regarding their ability to get rid of or merging the unverified business page https://plus.google.com/102452500853507036069/about with your own verified business  page https://plus.google.com/+AvellaSpecialtyPharmacySacramento 

I frankly doubt this answer was correctly given.

Have spoken with any reps from the US or by chance with support members from India or where ever on the globe?

I recommend trying to contact support an other times.

After having written the above I digged bit on MM and found pretty surprisingly over there that  "Avella of Sacramento" is marked a claimed listing too.

But a user "SweetiQ" (is this you???) made some strange edits trying to change  "Avella of Sacramento" in a way it would be appear as "Avella Specialty Pharmacy"

Those edits of "SweetiQ" are IMHO bad an contraproductive - not to say weird as the edits of "SweetiQ" have made it now "under GoogleModeration".

If you Reagan are this "SweetiQ" I strongly would recommend to undo the edits on  "Avella of Sacramento"

This would at least get rid of the blocking status "Under Google moderation" and we have other and better options to help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Helmut. The correct name of the business is 'Avella Specialty Pharmacy', *not* Avella + city name. Why is that a strange edit in your view?
In the absence of action from support, aligning the name and phone number as well as map marker would make it more likely to have the duplicate recognized as such.

Can you explain what you mean by blocking status? How does it hurt to have edits under moderation?

I was also surprised it's marked a claimed listing because it doesn't look like one and I've never seen that before.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
bevor answering your questions:

is "SweetiQ" you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yep.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

ok

since there is and have been a verified and correct (hope it is!!??) listing for 

Avella Specialty Pharmacy in Scaramento I consider it strange trying to change by you as  "SweetiQ" an other (wrong) listing located nearby in a manner it would create (or to consider as) a duplicate of the existent one.

I'm guessing this strange duplicating edits are the reason why Google tells us now your edits regarding the bad listing would be under GoogleModeration.

I being you and facing thos two listing would have untouched the bad one and would have contacted business support to get the bad one considered as a wrong and unwanted  duplicate  of your correct verified listing Avella Specialty Pharmacy 

Now its hard to break up this status "under Google Moderation" it can last weeks or even month on the bad listing.

Therefore my recommendation to undo your edits made by you as  "SweetiQ"  for the bad listing hoping to get rid of the "GoogleModeration" status.

Once this is achieved I would (of course logged in as the owner of Avella Specialty Pharmacy) contact Google asking them to help you to merge  "Avella of Sacramento" with your verified  Avella Specialty Pharmacy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, thanks, undid the edits, will try to contact google again hopefully will get a better response this time.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
yes and feel free to come back in case they still are still not
cooperative.

But even then leave the bad page "untouched" - it makes the matter more
worst otherwise.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes this time the support rep was more cooperative, and said pages would likely be merged within 24 to 48 hours. So there you go. Thanks for the advice! I did not realize that suggesting map edits could hinder the process.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Thanks fro the better feedback