Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

We have no login to our Google My Business account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

This question was originally posted on the former Help Forum but has been modified for clarity and answered by Community User Priya C.

We do not know who is the owner to our Google My Business-account, we think our former CEO had a login but neither one of us in the company knows that info. We really need to get access to a login as the info on our opening hours on the Google site is wrong, so is there any way for us to get help and get new owners and admins that can change the info on our page?

Answer: If you don’t know the current owner of your business page and you want to be the owner or manager, follow these steps:
  1. Navigate to Google My Business. (You’ll need a Google account to get started)
  2. Click Get your page.
  3. Choose one of two categories of local businesses:
    • Storefront businesses: Choose this option if you serve customers at your business location (e.g. restaurants, hotels, and retail stores)
    • Service area businesses: Choose this option if you serve customers at their location within a specific service area and you want your customers to see your service area on Google Maps (e.g. plumbers, taxi services, and pizza delivery)
    • Brands, organizations, or artists should follow these steps.
  4. Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
  5. When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialogue letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request Admin Rights.
  6. You’ll be asked to answer some questions about your business. We’ll send the current owner an email asking them to get in touch with you. If you don’t hear back in a week, contact google.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: we have no login to our Google My Business-account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

Re: We have no login to our Google My Business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, We have the same issue whereby we have no idea who setup a My business page and we need to login to change it.

We've followed the instructions above, but on the My Business page there is no "Get your Page" link.

The site just shows us all of our other businesses.
Can someone help us to get to the right page to take over the administration of an existing business listing please.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

read the first both steps

1. Navigate to Google My Business. (You’ll need a Google account to get started)
  2. Click Get your page.

just as one step 

1+2:   Navigate to create a new Google My Business page . (You’ll need a Google account to get started)

then follw step 3 and further

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI - not following you here. There is an existing google page for an existing business. We want to take over that business page on behalf of our client who has no idea who set it up for them. So how do we take over an existing business page ? [CD Logo 6 - 200px] Thank you Sean Clarke * Clarke Design * Helping your business untangle the web Email: web@clarkedesign.co.uk Web: www.clarkedesign.co.ukTel: 01270 761331 Clarke Website Design Ltd is registered in England and Wales under company number 07324906 and our registered office is at 9 Ossmere Close, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1FB Clarke Design is a trading name of Clarke Website Design Ltd. Clarke Design operates under the Clarke Website Design Ltd Terms and Conditions All email communications are private and confidential to the intended addressee. If you believe you have received this email in error please delete it and inform our office at: web@clarkedesign.co.uk

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Clarke,

By following steps 1-7 you will be directed to the page which is in question, as you say a page that has already been created and verified by someone else. Then simply follow step 8 and request admin rights to the page. Google will then generate an email to the person that created the original page. If you don't hear back from Google, or the person whom created the account, within 7 business days, contact Google Support here: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_na?hl=en&cfnti=escalationflow.c2c&cft=5&rd=...

When and if you do contact Google support you will want to have your (or your clients) Google account login, which often also acts as the preferred email address, the name, address and phone number of the business in question (NAP data), as well as any supporting URL's you can provide via copy and paste, and lastly the URL of the Google+ page in question. I recommend putting all of these links into a single blank email in preparation for the phone call. That way when the support tech asks for these URL's you aren't scrambling around to find them. Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Gerry,

when I click on Option 1 to Navigate to Google My Business - I get a page with lots of businesses which I can manage

There is no option 2 for "Get your page" so I cannot click it or do anything else.
Can someone send me a screenshot of where this option is please, as for the life of me I just cannot see it.

I don't want to get a page - I already have the page - I want to adopt it and become the manager of it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey Clark

unfortunately the steps linked in the first post here are copied from this (bit outdated) HC article: 

And indeed the steps 

• Navigate to Google My Business. You’ll need a Google account to get started.
  • Click Get your page.

are outdated as there isn't anymore the link or button "Get your page"

To workaround this I already recommended you to just consider both steps as this one:

(1+2) start clicking   business.google.com/create

Now you are at the same status as before with step 1 + 2

(means follow the step 3 and further of the (bit outdated) HC article: )

select storefront & enter the details as for the business page you are going to get control over it

etc.

Note:

I will notify Google about the  (bit outdated) HC article

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Thanks for clarifying, Helmut!

This is correct--to make a new page, you now need to go to business.google.com/create.

Best,
Elizabeth

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

thanks for confirming my advice @ElizabethP
But can't you at least edit the outdated wording in the starting post (that from @MarissaN)

I recommend this because  updating the HC article likely needs bit more time.