My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

We have a verified Google+ page, but the preview that shows up on Google search is not ours.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business name is Serpentini Chevrolet Buick of Orrville, business address is 1107 N. Main St, Orrville Ohio 44667, phone number is 330-683-6050

https://plus.google.com/+Serpentiniorrville1/posts

We have a confirmed Google+ page at the URL above, however, occasionally when we search a few different search terms related to our business (serpentini orrville for example), the preview page that shows up to the right is not ours. It's actually a bowl of pasta. How can I get rid of this and set it up so that my verified google+ page is what shows up on the preview?

I have a screenshot of the search, however I get an error when I attempt to upload it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Monica B
May 2016

Re: We have a verified Google+ page, but the preview that shows up on Google search is not ours.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Monica B

Looks like there's a duplicate business profile that was automatically generated for your business. You can see it here. The CID number (you'll need it when calling support is: 179893890031932367. Looks like 2 customers even found the wrong listing and left a review there, you should be able to get those 2 5 star reviews transferred to your real business profile when you're getting support to merge the two. 

To get that second account merged in, you'll need to either call support or contact Google support on Twitter.

One potential reason that second profile was generated, was because it looks like you use two phone numbers for the business. The other phone number is: 1 866-249-3305. It can hurt rankings and cause duplicate issues if you're not consistent with your business name, address, and phone number. It's true that Google prefers you to use a local area code number in maps, but that's only preferred if that's the same number you use everywhere else. At the very least, I'd use the 330 number where appropriate on the website, and update your site with proper schema.

While I was at it, I noticed your site loaded really slow. I looked it up and your home page is over 3 megs, and took over 6 seconds to load. There's good business reasons why you should fix that, poor load times will also make it less likely that Google will decide to rank you over the competition. Here's what Google recommends fixing on your site.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Re: We have a verified Google+ page, but the preview that shows up on Google search is not ours.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Monica B

I have tried a few different searches and can't replicate, could you provide a few.

When you reply >> use full editor, then photos to upload screenshot

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tim Capper yeah, I tried uploading it..let me try a link instead. Any assistance you can offer is appreciated!

http://s32.postimg.org/jniyhwcb9/google.jpg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Monica B
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Monica B

Looks like there's a duplicate business profile that was automatically generated for your business. You can see it here. The CID number (you'll need it when calling support is: 179893890031932367. Looks like 2 customers even found the wrong listing and left a review there, you should be able to get those 2 5 star reviews transferred to your real business profile when you're getting support to merge the two. 

To get that second account merged in, you'll need to either call support or contact Google support on Twitter.

One potential reason that second profile was generated, was because it looks like you use two phone numbers for the business. The other phone number is: 1 866-249-3305. It can hurt rankings and cause duplicate issues if you're not consistent with your business name, address, and phone number. It's true that Google prefers you to use a local area code number in maps, but that's only preferred if that's the same number you use everywhere else. At the very least, I'd use the 330 number where appropriate on the website, and update your site with proper schema.

While I was at it, I noticed your site loaded really slow. I looked it up and your home page is over 3 megs, and took over 6 seconds to load. There's good business reasons why you should fix that, poor load times will also make it less likely that Google will decide to rank you over the competition. Here's what Google recommends fixing on your site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I will call support now and and pass your other recommendations along to our website vendor.