My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Virtuous Home Inspections 466 Martin Avenue New Glasgow, NS B2h 1r9 phone number 902-754-9010 www.v

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a client write a review for my business for a home inspection I preformed for them!  The review was posted for a few months and disappeared. .I was able to find the review somewhere else. ..this is very frustrating as I needed the reviews to help my business. Below is the review that was removed. 

Katherine Fownes @2016-09-17

Corey Buell was a perfect choice when selecting a home building inspector; he never hesitated to travel from New Glasgow to the east shore. He is a certified inspector, his knowledge and thoroughness clearly evident from foundation to roof and all the areas in between. I had the opportunity to use his services for 2 very different properties and both times he offered helpful recommendations or suggestions. He is very professional and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend his services

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author corey b
March 2017

Re: Virtuous Home Inspections 466 Martin Avenue New Glasgow, NS B2h 1r9 phone number 902-754-9010 w

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Corey, that's a bummer, sorry to hear that happened. I tried doing a little digging, but I couldn't find a reason why it might have disappeared. The truth is though, there's a lot of reasons reviews can disappear, I don't know many business owners that haven't lost a few reviews here and there. Your best course of action is going to be to re-evaluate how you ask customers for reviews, and work on growing them steadily over time. You might lose a few of them, but over time you'll still build up a good number. 

If you're curious, here's a list compiled by some of the other TCs here about reasons why reviews can get filtered:

• Web addresses (URLs) in the comments.
  • The person who wrote the review is you, a manager of your page or works for you.
  • The reviewer marked the review as private.
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP address that you sign into to manage your local listing.
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address or device as another user who left a review. This is common with kiosks or review stations (a dedicated PC or tablet for collecting reviews).
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (for example: they wrote one Jan 15 and it got filtered so they tried again on Feb 10).
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them). If the reviews aren’t specific & unique to the location, they may be filtered. This can also happen if you have two pages for the same location (duplicate page/s).
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you.
  • You’re caught offering incentives. It’s okay to let patrons know you appreciate reviews, not OK to bribe for them.
  • You moved. Google does not automatically transfer reviews when a business address changes. Contact support if you need your reviews transferred to your new location.
  • The reviewer’s account has gone dormant (stopped posting reviews).
  • Staff being over-zealous in asking for reviews. The programs look for patterns in reviews. For example – If staff are asking to be named in the review and Fred Nerk is particularly committed to getting mentioned, then a run of reviews containing Fred N or Fred Nerk could get filtered.
  • Review/s super short with very few details. On Google, this does not seem to apply retrospectively, meaning reviews 2 or 3 years old with nothing but a rating continue to display.
  • Reviews which seem as though the reviewer has not personally visited the business.

It's also possible too that the user that left you a review removed it, or changed the visibility settings on their account. Either way, I'd focus on getting more reviews instead of trying to get this one back. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author corey b
March 2017

Re: Virtuous Home Inspections 466 Martin Avenue New Glasgow, NS B2h 1r9 phone number 902-754-9010 w

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Corey, that's a bummer, sorry to hear that happened. I tried doing a little digging, but I couldn't find a reason why it might have disappeared. The truth is though, there's a lot of reasons reviews can disappear, I don't know many business owners that haven't lost a few reviews here and there. Your best course of action is going to be to re-evaluate how you ask customers for reviews, and work on growing them steadily over time. You might lose a few of them, but over time you'll still build up a good number. 

If you're curious, here's a list compiled by some of the other TCs here about reasons why reviews can get filtered:

• Web addresses (URLs) in the comments.
  • The person who wrote the review is you, a manager of your page or works for you.
  • The reviewer marked the review as private.
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP address that you sign into to manage your local listing.
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address or device as another user who left a review. This is common with kiosks or review stations (a dedicated PC or tablet for collecting reviews).
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (for example: they wrote one Jan 15 and it got filtered so they tried again on Feb 10).
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them). If the reviews aren’t specific & unique to the location, they may be filtered. This can also happen if you have two pages for the same location (duplicate page/s).
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you.
  • You’re caught offering incentives. It’s okay to let patrons know you appreciate reviews, not OK to bribe for them.
  • You moved. Google does not automatically transfer reviews when a business address changes. Contact support if you need your reviews transferred to your new location.
  • The reviewer’s account has gone dormant (stopped posting reviews).
  • Staff being over-zealous in asking for reviews. The programs look for patterns in reviews. For example – If staff are asking to be named in the review and Fred Nerk is particularly committed to getting mentioned, then a run of reviews containing Fred N or Fred Nerk could get filtered.
  • Review/s super short with very few details. On Google, this does not seem to apply retrospectively, meaning reviews 2 or 3 years old with nothing but a rating continue to display.
  • Reviews which seem as though the reviewer has not personally visited the business.

It's also possible too that the user that left you a review removed it, or changed the visibility settings on their account. Either way, I'd focus on getting more reviews instead of trying to get this one back. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.