AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Verified Business Deleted- Request Assistance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was talking to a Google Business customer service representative outsourced in India (mistake, yes) who suggested that I delete my 2 year old verify business account. I rejected his terrible idea, and he went ahead and did it anyway. My verified business page with custom URL and 2 year history of posts is gone in the blink of an outsourced eye! I have reason to suspect that he had a personal problem with the nature of my business which promotes women's health and wellness and a failure to understand the nature of my business needs. His English was very poor. The call was unrelated to this issue in the first place. There has been no followup to my emails. I want my page reinstated with my URL. I want Google to acknowledge that the business needs of American customers cannot possibly be met be consultants in India with challenges understanding and possibly respecting certain aspects of our language and culture. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Verified Business Deleted- Request Assistance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi there Natalie, I am seeing that page come up in search results when use "Massage by Natalie 90013" - That is i see the Knowledge card come up on the left hand side.

I also am seeing the page come up at
https://plus.google.com/+MassagebyNatalieLosAngeles/about?gmbpt=true
(tip adding ?gmbpt=true to the end of the URL will show the OLD G+ style page)

Looks verified and all intact, custom URL and everything.

That said, you do need to remove the (by Appointment Only) from your business name. Descriptors are not permitted, and are against googles TOS, and adding them can get your account suspended.

"Adding unnecessary information to your name (e.g., "Google Inc. - Mountain View Corporate Headquarters" instead of "Google") by including marketing taglines, store codes, special characters, hours or closed/open status, phone numbers, website URLs, service/product information, location/address or directions, or containment information (e.g. "Chase ATM in Duane Reade") is not permitted."
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
There is a chance that the business still exists in the database... Have you tired searching on Google Map Maker to see if it shows up there? If so you might be able to mark it as re opened.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have not tried that, and I also don't know what is Google Map Maker or how to do that. I do not run a location so my business was configured differently and with great difficulty. I have a "Google My Business" but not the verified business listing as before. None of this makes any sense. My custom URL results in a 404 error.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
What is the name and address of the business and Ill look for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's nice of you. My URL was MassagebyNatalieLosAngeles. The name is Massage by Natalie (by Appointment Only). It is 90013 with no address listed, not to be confused by any other similar business names.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi there Natalie, I am seeing that page come up in search results when use "Massage by Natalie 90013" - That is i see the Knowledge card come up on the left hand side.

I also am seeing the page come up at
https://plus.google.com/+MassagebyNatalieLosAngeles/about?gmbpt=true
(tip adding ?gmbpt=true to the end of the URL will show the OLD G+ style page)

Looks verified and all intact, custom URL and everything.

That said, you do need to remove the (by Appointment Only) from your business name. Descriptors are not permitted, and are against googles TOS, and adding them can get your account suspended.

"Adding unnecessary information to your name (e.g., "Google Inc. - Mountain View Corporate Headquarters" instead of "Google") by including marketing taglines, store codes, special characters, hours or closed/open status, phone numbers, website URLs, service/product information, location/address or directions, or containment information (e.g. "Chase ATM in Duane Reade") is not permitted."
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow, Ok thanks! I am still totally confused about some things. Why doesn't this page come up organically from my email address like it used to? I am unable to find it myself from my own email homepage. I also can't figure out how to post anything. The (by appointment only) suggestion came from the customer service rep who was talking to me from India. I am quite sure he is not familiar with company policies. However, I do like having it there because my Google callers can never figure out that I do not have a brick and mortar location, and usually call me demanding to "come in right now" and even get upset that they cannot have an appointment "right now." Google does not have an appropriate category for small (tiny) businesses that offer by appointment only service. Once people understand that, they usually adjust their demands and realize that the are not getting "on demand" service. This is not Domino's Pizza. I am one person. There needs to be a way to communicate that on the HEADLINE of my business. I do appreciate your help so much! Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Great advice from Alex.

Natalie, can you see the page when you navigate here? - https://business.google.com/manage
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky