AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Valerie Linaker health and fitness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have transferred information to a new business and need to remove reviews from my account. Those reviews are for a totally different business. 

How can I do this? 

Thankyou

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Valerie Linaker health and fitness

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Valerie L,

If these reviews no longer meet Google's policies - you'll need to flag them. Here's how.

If the business is just changing names or ownership, these guidelines will apply.

Hope this helps,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I own the account and I'm changing businesses. I need to have those reviews removed, how can I do that?

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
you can't remove reviews Valerie.
Flagging them as in appropriate -as Meghan told you- is the only available option.
But frankly said I don't understand what you refer to as "I have transferred information to a new business and need to remove reviews from my account."

Maybe we could give you better advise knowing about what Business listing(s) you are talking baout

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure yes, the current business account is in my name "Valerie Linaker health and fitness". I never had different owners on this account. years ago I had started up a vital planet health shop business page for my boss. Those reviews are from that business not my new business. I tried to transfer the account to my boss , but they are not taking the steps to take it over. I have my own business, so I removed the vital planet information and put mine in. So those reviews do not pertain to me and are going to confuse my customers. I would have erased the whole account and started a new one but there's no option for it....

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Valerie L

I can find a business "Vital Planet Health Shop" (at 2789 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON, Canada)

But I can't find any listing for "Valerie Linaker health and fitness" - not even at the address listed on "contact" of  http://www.valerielinaker.com/ 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler,

It may have just updated over the weekend, but I did find this G+ that seems to have originally been VitalPlanet, now Valerie Linaker Health And Fitness. Can you please give your thoughts on this too? Thanks!

Hi @Valerie L,

Did VitalPlanet move locations or close? Or did you buy it and change the name? 

If it did move or close, and if we could rewind here's how it should have been handled:

• Since you have started a new business, Valerie LInaker Health And Fitness, you should have followed the typical process to add a new business to your account. https://www.google.com/business/
  • You would have also released the old VitalPlanet listing to the current owner (your old boss). Even if they didn't take the ownership, you shouldn't be managing it anymore so you would have needed to delete it from your account (this does not remove it from Google, only removes your access). This way the rightful owner could claim it at their own leisure.

Currently, what has happened is Google thinks you bought VitalPlanet and that you have changed the name to Valerie Linaker Health And Fitness. Google see this as a business just changing their name, and since you're in the same industry/category, Google thinks you should retain the reviews from VitalPlanet.

Depending on your intentions, we can better advise next steps. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Meghan T thanks for pinging me.

the business you mentioned and linked  as "Valerie Linaker Health And Fitness" is indeed based (or is somehow related or to say more: its the identical Item to what we see in MapMaker as "Vital Planet" at 276 Carlaw Avenue #101, Toronto, ON M4M 3L1, Canada )

Vital Planet is based on a MM-Link and this MM-Link redirects on Google and on GMaps to this URL

https://maps.google.com/?cid=13696038641163289375 => https://goo.gl/maps/BdtbMDNxU8M2 => "Valerie Linaker Health And Fitness"

Now an important  question to @Valerie L:

I suppose in your dashboard you have regarding the address "276 Carlaw Avenue #101, Toronto, ON M4M 3L1" just one local page and its called  "Vital Planet" and  you expect of course  to get it shown on Google and GMaps as "Vital Planet" but see it - like we do -   as "Valerie Linaker Health And Fitness". 

Am I right with this guess?

If so please provide me a screen capture showing the page for the address 276 Carlaw Avenue #101, Toronto, ON M4M 3L1, Canada as "Vital Planet".

Thanks for your cooperation.