AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to verify My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am in the process of putting all of my store locations under my single gmail account.  I have been able to do this except for one store location.  When I try to claim my business it says that the business is already claimed by someone.  I have gone through all of the trouble shooting (requested from original owner, tried seeing if it was my own email, etc.) but none of the options are working.  I believe this property could have been verified by someone at my company years ago....or it could have been me!  Is there any way to look at the full email address of the "owner".  This is my business, and has been by business since 1984.  I would just like to have the correct ownership.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unable to verify My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@kristie m

have you tried "Someone else verified my business" for this listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I have :(

It sends an email to the "owner", however, I believe that the owner is me and it is an email I created a long time ago....I can't remember! Just wish there was a way to me to contact google.

Thank you for your help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

you seem not completely read and understood the procedure "Someone else verified my business".

This procedure implies to get in touch with support after not getting any response from the actual page owner  (doesn't matter who it is - you as person or somebody else)

It also tells you how to get in touch with busineess support.