AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to transfer ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I have just moved into a new business address and wanted to list our 3 businesses.

I believe I have now added all 3 businesses however the managing director wants to have primary ownership. 

However I'm already stuck on instruction 2. I can't see the cards icon? Is that the same as the icon with 9 little squares, which when you hover over it, it says Google apps.

Can someone advise? 

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Sacha 

Re: Unable to transfer ownership

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sasha,

If you're looking at the dashboard view, click the 6 squares under "Download Insights" and "Download Locations".  

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 12.54.24 PM.png

Then click "Manage location" 

and then "Users" to the left hand side. 

You'll then need to add the "plus" button to add a user. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Re: Unable to transfer ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Markella,

Thank you for your help.

I have already added another owner but there is no box next to the user for my to select for me to then transfer ownership.

Shall I send you a screenshot of the page I am on and what I am looking at?

Thanks so much!

Warm regards,
Sacha

Manager

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SparkleArts
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkle-Arts/53826923789
Instagram: https://instagram.com/sparklearts/
Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/hqsparklearts/

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Sparkle Arts Limited (Registration No. SC 295992 ) & Sparkle Arts Franchise Limited (Registration No. SC 442171) are both incorporated in Scotland and share the same registered office at 20-22 Braid Road, Edinburgh, EH10 6AD.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sacha,

Perfect! Now on the dropdown menu, you'll select the new owner and change their role to 'Primary Owner' and then you can delete yourself if needed. 

Feel free to send a screenshot and I'll mark it up for you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not an owner on my business so cannot request anything. The primary manager is long gone. How do I request ownership? I cannot find any way to contact anyone to get this answered. I've been going in circles on the help forums and faqs for an hour.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Lora,

You could try doing this, 

Request ownership of a business listing

If a Google My Business listing has already been verified and you're authorized to manage the listing, you can request ownership from the current listing owner.

Storefront business listings

To request ownership of a storefront business from the current listing owner:

1. Go to business.google.com/add
  2. Enter the name and address of your business, then select it from the search results.
  3. Click Continue. You'll see a message indicating that someone else verified the listing. Otherwise, you can claim and verify the listing yourself.
  4. Click Request ownership and fill out the form.
  5. Click Submit. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.

Service-area business listings

To request ownership of a service-area business from the current listing owner:

1. Go to business.google.com/add
  2. Enter your business information.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Complete the verification process. Verification by postcard takes a few days.
  5. Once you've verified your listing, sign in to Google My Business.
  6. You'll see an "Owner conflict" dialog indicating that the location is a duplicate.
  7. Click Request access. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.

Hope this helps ! 

Thanks