AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to transfer ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an account for my friends business and thought I was logged into his account, but turns out I was still in mine, I have added him but I don't want my email attached at all. I found the following steps to transfer ownership, but it's not working. #5 says to click on the box, but there isn't a box anywhere near their name. 

1. Sign in to Google My Business. 
  2. Make sure you're using card view. If you're viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon  on the right side above your locations.
  3. Choose the listing you'd like to manage and click Manage location.
  4. Click Users from the menu.
  5. Locate the user you'd like to transfer ownership to and click the box on the right-hand side of their name.
  6. Select Primary Owner from the dropdown menu that appears. You'll only see this option if you're an owner of the listing.
  7. Click Done. Primary ownership transfer happens immediately. 
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dale R
September

Re: Unable to transfer ownership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

HI @Dale R its not a computer glitch but a bug in the forums software sending notifications to wrong users if their forums abbreviation is identical

i.e. in your case @Dale R versus @Dale R (if you would investigate the URLs behind both links you will see them different)

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed that this question was posted under the profile that the listing should be under, but the business was set up and claimed under a different account. I have tried different browsers to try and get it fixed but have the same issue.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

hi @Dale R

the steps quoted by  you are listed in here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

This HC article is supposing you as the primary ownerof the listing ar goingto transfer the listing to an other owner or admin alredy defined.

Have you invited (and did he accept) the other account as an owner already?

The "how to do" for this step is explained below:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I seem to be receiving Dale R's correspondance on this thread. Has there been another computer glitch? It is interesting, but I am not sharing any emails or ownership or transfering anything that I know of.

Being a 64 year old, I may have missed something.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dale R
September

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

HI @Dale R its not a computer glitch but a bug in the forums software sending notifications to wrong users if their forums abbreviation is identical

i.e. in your case @Dale R versus @Dale R (if you would investigate the URLs behind both links you will see them different)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for responding. I have it all figured out now. The email invite was sent to the wrong email so this profile wasn't even listed to manage the business. Once added I was able to transfer the ownership and remove the other profile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The person I am inviting, is not getting any notifications that there is an invite.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would double check the email address that you're trying to send it to. If that's not the problem, start a new thread to make sure you get help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I started a new thread. Thanks!

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone