AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to transfer ownership as the previous owner is unavailable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community,

I have been trying to update our business listing, however, I cannot make changes because the account is linked with an email address that is no longer in use at our organization. The person who used it is no longer with us and is unavailable.

How can I either completely deactivate/delete the previous listing (so I can create a new, up to date one), OR update it adding our general company email?

I really appreciate any advice. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
October

Re: Unable to transfer ownership as the previous owner is unavailable

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Program D

Please view the options on this page: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

You can follow the steps under 'Request access'. After 7 days if you haven't heard from the current listing owner (which sounds like will be the case) then you'll have the ability to verify your affiliation with the business and verify it in your account.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
October

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Program D

Please view the options on this page: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

You can follow the steps under 'Request access'. After 7 days if you haven't heard from the current listing owner (which sounds like will be the case) then you'll have the ability to verify your affiliation with the business and verify it in your account.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Haa, that sounds easy, how do you get the ability to verify if you've waited more than 7 days ??

My business listing is incorrect, wrong business name, wrong business phone number, costing me loads of money and google are next to useless in sorting this for me.

Frustrated is an understatement, I reported it months ago and am still in same position, I have no idea who registered my business incorrectly and would simply love to be able to hold google liable for my substantial losses - sadly I don't think I've a cat in hells chance of that.

How do I get the ability to verify my affiliation with my business and verify it as my account ??.