AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to send an Ownership Request

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am attempting to send an ownership request for my business because I do not have any access to it in any of my accounts. 

Business Name: Boykin Air Conditioning Services

Address: 845 S Guignard Dr, Sumter, SC 29150 US

Phone: (803) 778-1937

Listing I need access to

Website

The listing is a service area only business so it only says Sumter, SC. I've created an identical listing and verified it, and now it is marked as 'Duplicate'. The message gives me a button that says 'Request Access' and when I click it, the pages refreshes so I don't think this is actually sending it. I really need access to the listing though, so that I can update it.

Does anyone know how to get the request to send? Help would be very much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian B
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there! 

Good news on this! It looks like Google has a fix for this! Here's a bit more info written by Annette Sugden at BizIQ. https://biziq.com/blog/search-engine-optimization/google-announces-new-help-for-service-area-busines...

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Brian

Requesting  ownership of   a  Service Area Busuiness is  described  in here (it's the  second described scenario over there)

From what  I read of  your abve posting at a  glance  you seem done  it right so far

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me! Do you know of any way I can get the request to send? I've tried everything I can think of. I really need access to the listing, it's been stuck with this glitch/refreshing issue since April.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Brian B

Have you  waited   the seven days?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The issue here is not being able to submit the request at all. Can't wait the 7 days if you can't get the request out. We have about 20 clients whose listings have run into this issue. I've spoken with GMB support a lot over the last couple months that this has been going on, and according to them it's a known technical issue being worked on by the engineers with no known resolution date.

What happens is once you've verified a listing and it goes duplicate in your GMB dashboard you're unable to submit the request. As OP mentioned the page just refreshes. After hitting "request access" you can see the address bar go to the admin rights URL and then redirect right back to the dashboard for the listing. It's incredibly frustrating and I'm really looking forward to the engineers fixing this issue because it's been driving me a little nuts.

I would be less peeved by it if support would let us do a manual reclaim process (like we used to have to for owner conflicts last summer) but for whatever reason, everyone I've spoken to won't let me get that process started. It really is frustrating to have to keep telling my clients that there's nothing I can do until I hear back from the agent who opened my initial support case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, this is EXACTLY what is happening with my account. I've gotten a hold of Google support multiple times since April and have received no help or workarounds. I'm at a loss on what to do.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is happening to one of our accounts too, I've been trying to get that button to work for weeks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian B
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there! 

Good news on this! It looks like Google has a fix for this! Here's a bit more info written by Annette Sugden at BizIQ. https://biziq.com/blog/search-engine-optimization/google-announces-new-help-for-service-area-busines...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you for the link! This is exactly what I had been trying to do for months, and I could not for the life of me understand why support wouldn't just let us do it. It's by no means a new process, and it has been wildly frustrating to wait all this time just to arrive at the workaround I requested in the first place haha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had this ongoing problem as well trying to claim ownership to our business.  Our business is Georgia Keys Locksmith LLC.  In Savannah Georgia.  We also now have two listings.  It has been a big problem for us.  We currently have been emailing back and forth with google.  At first I thought it was a person.  But it seems more generic now, and they keep telling me they are working to resolve my situation, but it's been months.  Any help is appreciated.  

Thank you

Phillip