AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to Send Ownership Request

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently, this is an on-going issue - at least according to every representative I've talked to over the last seven weeks - that is affecting service area businesses ONLY.

I work for a marketing company and we are attempting to request the ownership of service area based businesses. Due to Google's process of creating a duplicate, verifying it, and it gets marked as a duplicate, inside of the account there is a link that tells us to "request access" and that link is not working. Instead of taking us to the ownership form, it refreshes the page.

This is affecting approximately 40 accounts for us, so far, but representatives and Google Floor Supervisors have confirmed this is happening for multiple accounts. Yet, there appears to be no end in sight. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or found a way around it? Any help with this would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danni P
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

So for anyone who was unable to find an answer on this, here is the current workaround that is being provided by Google. This article outlines the steps of how to get help from Google My Business support.

https://biziq.com/blog/search-engine-optimization/google-announces-new-help-for-service-area-busines...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danni P
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

So for anyone who was unable to find an answer on this, here is the current workaround that is being provided by Google. This article outlines the steps of how to get help from Google My Business support.

https://biziq.com/blog/search-engine-optimization/google-announces-new-help-for-service-area-busines...