My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Un-Claimed GMB ads are being stolen and changed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been collecting data of spam going up on GMB. People are massively taking un-claimed GMB listings and claiming them to their business name and phone number. I have a list of ones i found if anyone is interested.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where is this happens ? I'm afraid is the trusted verifier did that. And before is spread too much. Google have to suspend the trusted verifier account

Re: Un-Claimed GMB ads are being stolen and changed.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Feby F

Are you sure about your statement.

1) Trusted verifiers are part of the Google Partner program.

2) Trusted verifier has to be at the actual business location and do not verify in their own account name, they verify the business in the owners account.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Richard A

If you list all the pages that have been hijacked, I can have the team check them.

Provide as much information as possible as to why they are spam / hijacked.

You might be interested to read that Google is currently testing an Advanced Verification process. Any business that fails to pass the advanced verification will be removed from Google.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Advanced-Verification-for-Businesses/ba-p/837080

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

to @Tim Capper

It's really awesome to get a respons from an expert, greet from Indonesia.

1) I'm not really sure about that, its just an opinion. I'm not say it to all of trusted verifier. Maybe it just one person and use the trusted verifier apps in the wrong way (for his/her business benefit) and the system still not caught it.

2) The question is, how a massive un-claimed business could be claimed to same the name and phone number ?

To verify a business, as far I know, there is three ways to claim a business for normal people. by phones, by zip codes, and email (rarely happens). And only business owner who could did that.

The trusted verifier could make a new account with new email. And yes, they has to be at actual business location, but they don't have to come in and ask a permission to the business owner for successfully verify a business. And when the verify is success, the trusted verifier just edit the dashboard to their business name & their phones.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have an email that i can send to. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Feby F

Trusted versifiers are only available in US I believe.

If you want me to report for possible spam.

I need detailed lists please.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey @Richard A

My Email

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper

As far I know, there is a trusted verifier, in Brazil, Mexico, India and Indonesia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One I have https://www.google.co.in/search?rlz=1C1HLDY_enIN714IN714&q=packers+and+movers+in+pune&npsic=0&rflfq=...

This person hacked my listing, that is under review of Google, there were some quality issues that I fixed and send message to google local help to check, they were checking meantime this person hacked my listing and showing their information, how could we trust on Google policy.