AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Two Google Local Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My english is not what it should be, but I'll try to describe my problem as thoroughly as possible despite the language problem.

I´m a photographer, and I have two diffrent websites for my business, one for weddings and family portraits and one for my commercial customers.

www.jonasfotograf.se (wedding and family portraits)

www.jgfotograf.se (commercial)

I started out with my www.jonasfotograf.se address, and and it is tied to my Google Business Place.

How should I think when it comes to my second website, I can´t have two url´s on my Business place page, and I can´t have a second Business place because it´s on the same address and same phoenumber.

Will i effect google ranking if I don´t have a business place for my www.jgfotograf.se, and if so, what your suggestion for this problem?

1. Fotograf Jonas Gunnarsson
2. Skravelsjövägen 18B, 904 40 Röbäck
3. +46703606587 
4. https://plus.google.com/u/0/107067653598417445507

Thanks,

Jonas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonas

The GMB listing has no impact on organic rankings for the related websites.

Each website will perform on its own merit, even though Google will understand the two are related.

Make sure the GMB listing is tied to the right website, and you should be fine.

Does that answer your question?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Margret, the problem is that I can´t registra another GBM because I have the same address and phonenumber. Can I have two GMB on same address and same phonenumber?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jonas,

Yes and no.  I'll explain -
In your case, because these businesses overlap significantly in terms of the service (photographer), no.
But if you were at the same office as say a painter, then yes two listings would be allowed if there were also separate phone numbers. 

Does that make sense?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margeret,

then I can´t do this? "Make sure the GMB listing is tied to the right website, and you should be fine."

I really dont´t understand why I can´t have two separate GMB, or at least have two website´s to the same GMB. But I don´t like that I only can have one of my websites as a GMB, but if Google rankings are not affected by the GMB is maybe not the whole world

Thanks