Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Two Businesses at Same Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have two companies listed at the same address: Horizon Homecare, which provides professional carers to go into elderly and ill people's homes and perform day-to-day and medical tasks, and Horizon Live-in Care, which provides professional carers to live with people that have short and long term conditions to provide round-the-clock care. Horizon Homecare already has a Google Business/Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/102975843731585952011/about). I have set up and verified a business page for Horizon Live-in Care (https://plus.google.com/114738165022451521152/about) but, when I attempt to edit/view the page Google is warning: "We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another." I'm presuming that this is because of the existing Horizon Homecare page. However, whilst Horizon Live-in Care shares an address and telephone number with Horizon Homecare (and is owned by the same person), each is a separate business with different staff, working practices and websites. Is it possible to have both companies listed at the same address and with their own, separate Google Business identity?

Regards

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two Businesses at Same Address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paul

supposed I'm calling +44 1202 737456 which of both businesses will repond?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut
Thanks for replying.
The phone would be answered at a single reception point as "Horizon, Poole" and then the caller would be asked if they required Horizon Homecare or Horizon Live-in Care.
Regards
Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

My suggestion would be to list those two business' under their respective names, Horizon Homecare and the other Horizon Live-in Care with the same address.

I wanted to do the same thing and stumbled on the guideline at this address, refer to the below: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en-GB

"Departments within businesses, universities, hospitals and government institutions may have their own listings on Google.

Public-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.

Acceptable (as distinct listings):
"Spring Gardens Optical Centre"
"Cafe Nero"
"Manchester General Hospital Department of Dermatology"
Not acceptable (as distinct listings):
The Apple products section of PC World
The hot food bar inside Meadowhall
For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.

The main business "Barclays" has the category "Bank" whereas the department "Barclays Advisors" has the category "Financial Consultant"
The main business "Southend Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas "Southend Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Shop")
The main business "GetGo" has the category "Convenience Store" (plus the category "Sandwich Shop") whereas the department "GetGo Fuel" has the category "Gas Station", and the department "WetGo" has the category "Car Wash"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry Paul, the above was intended to address your query.

Two Businesses at Same Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tyran

Thanks for response. I agree with you that this should be possible. However I think the problem is that I cannot list both companies using the same category: "For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments." One business provides home carers to attend a patient for a pre-determined time slot, whereas the other provides live-in carers who attend the patient 24 hours a day. The only category that covers both is: "Home Health Care Service." I have considered adding the Live in Care website to the existing Homecare listing but Google doesn't allow more than one website on a listing. Any further advice would be gratefully received.
Regards
Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Think the only next best thing to do may be to have an alternative website
or micro site on this with a different domain... sorry I cant help further.

Hope you get the answer from Google or a representative that has dealt with
this, that you are looking for. All the best, thanks for the reply.

--
*Tyran De Beer*
Media Ginger Ninja

*Cell* +27 71 895 1557 | *Twitter * @debeertyran

GorillaCreativeMedia.com

Note: Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message
and may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone
other than the intended is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any
part of its contents ) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case,
you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or
telephone and delete the e-mail from any computer. If you or your employer
does not consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please notify us
immediately. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no
viruses are present in this e-mail. As our company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail
or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus checking
procedures prior to use. The views, opinions, conclusions and
other informations expressed in this electronic mail are not given or
endorsed by the company unless otherwise indicated by
an authorised representative independent of this message.