My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to request ownership of a business, but doesn't show up when "adding" a location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

New business Info (recently claimed and verified):

Discovery Training Dallas

14785 Preston Rd. Suite 550 Dallas, TX 75248

(972) 699-9500

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Discovery!+Training+Dallas/@32.9491206,-96.8065481,17z/data=!3m1!4...

discoverydallas.com

Issue: Unaware of the claimed GMB listing (pic 1). All of this info, including the name, is the old business info. So, I went to request ownership of the business through GMB (nobody knows who claimed the "ministries" listing), but it does not populate when trying to find it (pic 2) (all results disappear by the time I type "discovery training min").

Question: How do I go about requesting ownership if I can't find this GMB listing?

pic 1.pngpic 2.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron R
July

Re: Trying to request ownership of a business, but doesn't show up when "adding" a locatio

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

its perhaps because there are two different lsitings at different cities witn the same phone number:

Screenshot 2017-07-19 at 18.38.23.png

But i was able to get the steps :

see my below screenshots:

(the first is made after enterd all information in https://business.google.com/add/info):

Screenshot 2017-07-19 at 18.43.24.png

the next one is made by me after selecting the second offered listing:

Screenshot 2017-07-19 at 18.43.33.png

Not sure why you don't get the same stuff

Trying to request ownership of a business, but doesn't show up when "adding" a location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for working through this. The second one is the one I have claimed. I tried searching again, and Discovery Training Ministries still doesn't come up. I guess my next move would be to reach out for technical support? 

Re: Trying to request ownership of a business, but doesn't show up when "adding" a

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Aaron R

there isn't any need to contatc support regarding this;

You just shouldn't be too lazy while trying to play with

https://business.google.com/add/info

You have to enter in each field the correct item (from top to the bottom)

I did this for the "ministries" business as well and here we go:

Screenshot 2017-07-19 at 21.36.06.pngScreenshot 2017-07-19 at 21.36.23.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

I wasn't being lazy. I legitimately entered all the info (copy and pasted from the knowledge panel) from top to bottom several times after receiving your input and never achieved the result I wanted.

That being said, the result is now being returned even without complete data entry. I'm not sure what changed, but it's working fine now. Thank you for your time and help.

Re: Trying to request ownership of a business, but doesn't show up when "adding" a

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

sorry @Aaron R

Where did you on this screenshot enter in each field it's information by copy and paste?

pic 2.png

This being asked I will stop my support here as I don't like to waste more of my valuable time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler - that screenshot is what I started this topic with; before your input. You'll notice in my comment, I stated:

I legitimately entered all the info (copy and pasted from the knowledge panel) from top to bottom several times after receiving your input and never achieved the result I wanted.

I did not include a screenshot of my attempts after your initial help. In the future, I will continue to include screenshots of my efforts to provide a better picture to those offering help. While I am not new to GMB, I am new to the Advertiser Community and am still learning how helpfully contribute.

I apologize if you feel you're wasting your time with me. You input validated that there was no overall issue with GMB or this location, but rather something specific to my account or how I was trying to resolve the problem. I sincerely appreciate your help. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hope you managed to get ownership.  I'm in a similar position and getting nowhere!  I've found my business - a holiday let - but it was at one point advertised through Bookings.com who have their phone number there, so I can't verify ownership by phone.  I've requested the postcard option several times over the past 3 months and not one postcard has arrived.  I'm at a loss as to how I can claim ownership if I can't get verified.  Also, the pin in the google map is in the wrong place, so when people try to find us having booked through say Airbnb, they end up knocking on the door of my neighbour half a mile away.  It's all getting rather tiresome to be honest.

Jan

Glebe Barn at Farlow

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Jan F

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Will block now this older thread for new replies