AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to Transfer a business to a new Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the process of transferring a business listing to a new owner. The listing still shows up on my dashboard, even though I have made the new owner "the primary owner" on users. How can I get the listing to show up on his login, and not mine? And I don't want to add his email address to my account, in the event that I wish to create another business under my account in the future. How can I be certain new reviews will go to his gmail account and not mine?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
November

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Wolfgang W,

Just to add, if you have made the other user a Primary Owner, then he should be able to see the listing when he visits Google My Business Dashboard.

If not, it is unlikely that he is signed into the correct account that was given ownership of the listing by you.

Once you have confirmed that the business is successfully transferred and if you would no longer want access to the listing, you can remove yourself as an owner, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Remove owners and managers.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have transferred ownership correctly to a new email address, then that email address will use their own GMB login info and will also receive an email when any new reviews are left on that particular listing. The listing will show in your account as long as you are a co-owner, manager, etc. So both of you have your own login info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great! My friend, who has the business now, is going to be at his computer soon. I would like to test that theory when he does and I will get back to you, so lets keep the thread open until then ....

Thank you SOOOO much for taking the time to answer my question, everyone here has been terrific! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
November

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Wolfgang W,

Just to add, if you have made the other user a Primary Owner, then he should be able to see the listing when he visits Google My Business Dashboard.

If not, it is unlikely that he is signed into the correct account that was given ownership of the listing by you.

Once you have confirmed that the business is successfully transferred and if you would no longer want access to the listing, you can remove yourself as an owner, by following the instructions here: Google My Business Help -> Remove owners and managers.

Thank you.