AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Transferring Primary Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to transfer ownership of a clients listing for over a year now.  They signed up with one of these awful SEO companies who promise the world and deliver nothing.  I have made multiple requests for ownership and the listing is very outdated and needs to be updated as it is hurting his business with bad info.  He is no longer with this company that set it up. 

https://goo.gl/maps/EjyqcdbW7NJ2

The business shows up to me a duplicate and I am having a hard time getting any one at Google to reply to the requests.  Is there a human I can directly email or call to get the ball rolling on this.  I have gone through all of the Google instructions on what to do and I have completed them multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm  not  sure  the procedure  to " transfer ownership"  is  an option  for you.

It's  an option  for the actual  owner  of th listing  though.

But reading your statement I doubt the SEO  firm being  apparently the  "holder" or "hostager" is cooperative  to actively transferring the  ownership to the real owner.

In this  case an other procedure  is  more appropriate:

The  real owner  (or you on his behalf) shoudl apply 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client hired a SEO company before he met me to make a website for them and they took control of the Google listing.  The company was a joke and charged them a lot of money and did nothing.  They created a basic website and attached a domain they bought to it.  The info on the site is very outdated and I can not change it until I can gain access to the listing.  I have requested ownership at least 5 times and I am getting no help from Google.  I already tried the link above and I am still in the duplicate/verify loop.  Is there a number to call so I can put this to bed.