AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer ownweship to another business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a large physician practice. About six months ago a physician left her business partner of many years and joined our practice. The listing of her personal name is still at her old address and her old partner is getting her patients. Her old office (where we still pay her rent)  tells people they do not know where she is - 4 blocks away. HealthGrades, Vitals, etc have all updated their listing but I have had no luck with Google. Patients (when and if they find this doctor) complain about her Google listing. Doesn't she have the right to own the listing of her name? What can we do? Now that things have cooled down how can the old partner transfer ownership if they will cooperate. If they still will not, what can I do?

Transfer ownweship to another business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can do a couple of things-

1. You can go to the listing and suggest an edit and suggest that the name be something different- I'm assuming they are operating under a different name now?

2. You can see if they will cooperate and add her as a manager on the account so she can remove her name or change the address on the listing to where she is now practicing (however that opens up other issues with multiple listings for your location).

3. She can reach out to Google support on Twitter or Facebook if the above two fail.