AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer of Ownership Rejected 4 Times

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to help a business owner get access to his listing. I have submitted 3 Transfer requests myself with the company I work for and one was submitted under his own personal credentials. I have talked to Google several times, it seems there is nothing they can do in helping the business owner regain access to his own listing. It seems the company is holding the page hostage.  Is there really nothing that can be done here ? If you have any suggestions or can help please do ! This poor business owner had no idea how important it is to own his own listing and he doesn't even know for sure what company may have the listing. 

Safeguard Building Inspections, LLC 
513-482-0449
buildingsafeguard.com
6988 Crystal Springs Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45227

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transfer of Ownership Rejected 4 Times

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kymberly T

When an ownership transfer request gets rejected the account that requested ownership receives an email notification. In that email there is a link to appeal the rejection. Has the business owner tried to appeal from there?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no email or message. I am unable to see who the owner of the listing is. What do you do in a case like this ? The client has reached out to the companies it believes could own the page. We haven't been able to establish who owns it. Are there any options we can escalate to Google. or is the page literally lost to the owner of the business. 

Re: Transfer of Ownership Rejected 4 Times

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Kymberly T

Can you have the business owner fill out this form? https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/3452717

And it would be beneficial for the email address associated with the business owner's account be associated with the website domain (@safeguardbuildinginspections.com).

Let me know how it goes.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, 

The owner has requested access in the past using his corporate email. I am not sure that is going to make a difference. His request was rejected as well. Is there further action beyond the request that can be done?