AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer business page ownership issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company is trying to consolidate our google business listings for all of our locations. I simply want to transfer the ownership of my business page to our communications manager under another email/account. I have followed the provided instructions several times without success. Specifically this step:

1. Locate the user you’d like to transfer ownership to and click the box on the right-hand side of their name.

There is, however, no "box on the right-hand side of their name." Please advise. 

Yves Delorme - Savannah

134 Whitaker Street

Savannah, Ga 31405

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transfer business page ownership issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @kylan m

So there are two possabilities here:

1) The email address you are trying to add is not registered with Google.

2) The account is registered and Google can tell that they are owned by the same person. Communication managers do not have manager rights, so it could be causing conflict of protocols.

I suggest removing them as communications manager and then add new email address as Owner or Manager.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Transfer business page ownership issues

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@kylan m

If you are not seeing a box on the right-hand side, then I am curious if you are not logged in as the Owner/Primary Owner. If you're a manager, or even communications manager, you would not have the ability to add/delete/edit users on the page. 

If you are indeed logged in as the owner or primary owner, then you should see a little triangle next to the person you want to change. For your convenience, I've attached an image sample of what you should see. 

I hope this helps you!

Status Change Menu.png