6.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to transfer ownership. Following the steps below but I am not able to "Locate the user you’d like to transfer ownership to and click the box on the right-hand side of their name." There is no box on the right-hand side of their name. Only an X. 

Transfer primary ownership

1. Sign in to Google My Business
  2. Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations. 
  3. Choose the listing you’d like to manage and click Manage location. If you don't see this option, click Edit location
  4. Click the three dash menu  in the top left corner of the page, then click  Manage users.
  5. Locate the user you’d like to transfer ownership to and click the box on the right-hand side of their name.
  6. Select Primary Owner from the dropdown menu that appears. You'll only see this option if you're an owner of the listing.
  7. Click Done. Primary ownership transfer happens immediately. 

Re: Transfer Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy J,

When I started employment at my company, I set up our Google Business Page under my personal Gmail account as we'd thought there was already a business Gmail account set up and didn't want to duplicate. In the interim, I used my person account thinking it would be a temporary solution.

Well, now I have created a new Gmail account for our business and would like to associate our Google+, and Google Business page with that email address so we no longer have to sign into my personal Gmail account for access. I've read the Transfer Ownership articles a few times now and can't seem to find where the "Manage Location" and "Edit Location" buttons are. I'm starting to lose hope that I can do this and feel I may need to completely delete my Google Business+ Page and create a new one under our Business Gmail account.

Can you or anyone assist with this?

Re: Transfer Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To follow up on this, I know how to get to the Manage Users section where you're supposed to be able to select a different user to transfer the ownership to. However, the newly created Business Gmail email address I created is not shown in the list as an option. How do I add this so that I can select it as the Primary User and delete my personal account as a user?