Guide Me
star_border

Transfer Google Admin Account Ownership without Admin Access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have a sticky situation and I would love some guidance!

I am the sole owner of my LLC business.  In 2010, someone helped me start my first website and set me up with a business email address (so that my business name appears after the 'at' sign).  This person is my ex-fiance's brother....which is why this is so challenging

Fast forward to 2016 - I hired my first contract worker.  When trying to create an email address for her, I was not able to since I was not the Google Admin on my own account!  I had no clue.  I had this contract worker contact him to grant my account Admin access and he was very resistive and rude (and shocked to hear from this person) and ended the call with, "sorry can't help you, haven't worked on that account in years."  

End result...no email address even a year later for her.

I have no access to phone, chat or email since I'm not the admin on my account.  I found this community today so I'm hopeful!

Is there a way to secure my   Jennifer (at) mycompanyname (dot) com  email under a NEW account or transfer it by providing documentation that I'm the business owner?  

Would this cause me to lose all of my current emails?  I have about 8,000+ emails.  I have a product based business so these are all order emails, wholesale contacts, business contacts, correspondence with my customers, etc.  Is there a way around this?  Any guidance would help!

Thank you in advance,

Jenn 

Blooming Lotus Jewelry 
Business is online only

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jennifer C

Apply this procedure:

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Helmut.  I appreciate it very much.  Looking into this now.

Best, 

Jenn

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler is the link you provided just for brick and mortar businesses or also for  getting ownership of my own Google Admin Account?  I went through all of the messages and am a little confused.  Is the "Google My Business Account" the same as the "Google Admin Account"?  And is that the same as the "G Suite owner"?    

One more question... Can the Google Admin delete my google account at any time since it's under his umbrella of accounts?  This is something that's always in the back of my mind.  

Best, 

Jenn