My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Took over a business and re-branded but old business is still showing on Google Maps and Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I took over a business, a children's soft play area in Warwick and have registered the business with Google (but not yet verified)

The previous business at the same location has completely shut down and I have rebranded and operate under a different name. I want to remove the old business from Google Maps and Search and show mine as the only business for this location.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

Re: Took over a business and re-branded but old business is still showing on Google Maps and Search

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Malcolm B

I assume this is the new business you're talking about:
Little Monkeys Funhouse Warwick
01926 409 007

On the Facebook page though, I saw this address:

3 Cattel Road, Cape Industrial Estate, Warwick

And on the map on your website, I saw this address:
13 Cattell Road, Warwick, Warwick, CV34 4JN, United Kingdom

So... which address is it, and what's the old business you'd like to see removed? I didn't see any other businesses at either address. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Took over a business and re-branded but old business is still showing on Google Maps and Search

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
While James looks for the other location, I wanted to provide you with a little more info on how Google may handle this rebranding and any associated reviews. https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/7001197?hl=en