AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Took over a business and re-branded but old business is still showing on Google Maps and Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I took over a business, a children's soft play area in Warwick and have registered the business with Google (but not yet verified)

The previous business at the same location has completely shut down and I have rebranded and operate under a different name. I want to remove the old business from Google Maps and Search and show mine as the only business for this location.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

Re: Took over a business and re-branded but old business is still showing on Google Maps and Search

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Malcolm B

I assume this is the new business you're talking about:
Little Monkeys Funhouse Warwick
01926 409 007

On the Facebook page though, I saw this address:

3 Cattel Road, Cape Industrial Estate, Warwick

And on the map on your website, I saw this address:
13 Cattell Road, Warwick, Warwick, CV34 4JN, United Kingdom

So... which address is it, and what's the old business you'd like to see removed? I didn't see any other businesses at either address. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Took over a business and re-branded but old business is still showing on Google Maps and Search

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
While James looks for the other location, I wanted to provide you with a little more info on how Google may handle this rebranding and any associated reviews. https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/7001197?hl=en