AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

This is a brand new business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have run into a dilemma. I have opened a brand new restaurant by the name "Copper Bar and Grill" in Concord NC. However, at the same physical location there was a restaurant "Copper Ale House". Google thinks this is the same business that has had a "transfer" of ownership and is not letting my verify the business. After multiple attempts, 1 post card did come and I verified it. But stayed as pending review and then vanished. Google keeps on declaring duplicate entry and wants "transfer" of ownership. This is a brand new restaurant without any transfer of ownerhip. It is has new website address (www.copperbargrill.com), new phone: 704-786-9987, new tax id, new owner, new management but same physical address and rented from the same landlord! The old business has CLOSED, vanished, does not exist, dissolved!

1 Expert replyverified_user

This is a brand new business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amin C

Can you please provide a screenshot showing  your new Restaurant "Copper Bar & Grill"and it's status in your GoogleMyBusiness screenshot?

And can you please provide any kind of more information on how 

"Google keeps on declaring duplicate entry and wants "transfer" of ownership"?

Did they wrote you an email or did they call you -please elaborate this point bit more.