AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Third party refusing to grant access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are no longer part of a big box chain, but they refuse to give us the My Business listing. 

We have tried numerous times, but each time our request gets rejected.

The business name is: Heistad Home Furniture

Our address is: 5015 Victoria Ave, Coronation, AB T0C 1C0

Our telephone number is: 403-578-4122 (corrected typo)

The Maps URL is: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Heistad+Home+Furniture/@52.0932158,-111.4508881,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1...

We tried creating a new listing seeing as the big box chain has marked this location as Permanently Closed, but then Google ends up blocking the new location saying that it is a duplicate.

How can we get access to this location and update the information... or how can we delete that closed location and create a new one for the new store?

heistad.JPG

Thanks,

Terry / Greg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Terry,

Please use this information to proceed forward. One you read the article you will want to click on the "contact Google My Business" and have them assist you. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks but unfortunately, none of the options provided have helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update:

The Permanently closed banner has been removed.

We have submitted a request for Google to call us at the store.

Since then, we have been granted Manager access to the location.

We have updated the listing and those edits are live in Search and Maps.

Now, how can we we get Ownership of this location?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear that progress has been made. You should reach back to support and let them know you are ready to provide legal proof you are the business owner and need to be listed as the owner of your GMB listing so that you can properly maintain it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We never received any confirmation from support. We would be more than happy to provide proof. Just have to figure out how.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Terry,

It looks about a week has passed and the listing is open and operating properly. Can you confirm?

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We now have been granted Manager access however, we need Ownership. Greg had a call today with a rep but nothing has come out of it thus far. So still waiting on that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I contacted Google My Business on Facebook. I received a reply with instructions on how to contact a live agent. These instructions do not work, so I have reached out to them by email again. Waiting for a response. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We received an email today from someone on the Google My Business Team. I clearly asked to be contacted by phone, and they obviously didn't read my email. 

She says that since I have manager access I need to contact the owner. We do not know who the owner is, and have not been able to speak to anyone at the previous business. Somehow we managed to get Manager access so we are thankful for that - but we have not received any help from Google thus far.

Personally, I am truly disappointed with this entire process. Why is it so complicated to get ownership of a listing when clearly the business has changed, the only thing that remains the same is the address - and that is what is being blocked here. If it wasn't for the address, we could have simply left the old business as permanently closed and been up and running with a new listing within minutes.

Come on Google, help us out here - Please!