AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Third party refusing to give me the access to my Google Business account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am trying to claim my business back from a third party online ordering company called Beyond Menu.  They have hijacked my Google listing and when I went to request ownership, they granted me "manager" access which is basically worthless. They know exactly what they are doing in giving limited access and it is now impossible to get my listing back. What are the next steps to take? I have even called beyond menu and threatened to terminate service with them. They lie and say they have nothing to do with the listing. If anyone has any insight as to what I should do to regain my listing, please let me know. Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Third party refusing to give me the access to my Google Business account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @OnlineOrdering B

This is a known issue with Beyond Menu.

I need the business listing URL in order for me to escalate this.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The restaurant name is Tiki Tiki in Richmond Va.  Here is the URL.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiki+tiki+richmond+va&oq=tiki+tiki+richmond+va&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0j0i7i...

The correct website is www.tikitikirestaurant.com.

Thanks so much for your help.

Katie

Account Manager

OnlineOrderingBesprout

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @OnlineOrdering B

This URL can be added by the owner in their Dashboard:

http://www.foodappx.com/tiki-tiki/product.html

Does the owner have access or does Beyond Menu have ownership ?

Please be specific so I can help

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tim,

Beyond Menu has ownership.  They granted me "manager" access after I asked for ownership and now I have no way of changing it.  I can't do anything with it. It's a useless title.  I work for a company called BeSprout Technology who creates dedicated and branded online ordering mobile apps for businesses.  However unlike Beyond menu, GrubHub. and all the "other" aggregated sites, we don't charge a percentage, only a low monthly $79 flat fee.  Basically I have been trying to help my clients gain access to their own Google listing.  There is no reason why an aggregated site who profits off of a businesses orders should have access to their Google Listing.  It's a sneaky and basically unethical way to do business.  Customers who are searching for their favorite brand, 9 times out of 10, Google search the listing.  Its wrong for Beyond Menu and the others to steal the listing and get credit for a customer who was planning to order from that restaurant anyway. And the sad part is that most of the businesses that this happens to have no idea that Beyond Menu has claimed their business listing. I want to help them and I have had a few successful clients who I have helped reclaim ownership, but there are these few, specifically through beyond menu that I can't seem to help.

I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Katie C.

BeSprout Online Ordering

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @OnlineOrdering B

Can you please ask the actual owner of the restaurant to request the ownership please.

I will then escalate the issue so that ownership is transferred to them and they can assign you as manager. Under the guidelines they should request ownership.

Let me know as soon as requested.