My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

There is someone using the address of my business in their MY BUSINESS Ads and scamming

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I Manage Stacy's Appliances at 184 Davis street Sarnia, Ontario N7T 1A7

Someone is using our business address with a fake name and phone # to scam customers.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=appliances&oq=appliances&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61l2j0l3.3063j0j4&sour...

There is 2 My Business ads from this person. One is under Appliance Doctor, the other is under Jacks reconditioned Appliances.  Besides the obvious fraud, I am most concerned about the reviews by a couple people they have lied to which potential future customers of mine are reading and thinking that they are talking about us. I have tried to fix this problem but haven't made much headway. Can u have his ads removed please!? Or at least the reviews? Or asign the assount to me? Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: There is someone using the address of my business in their MY BUSINESS Ads and scamming

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Have you contacted the RCMP's Canadian Anti-fraud Centre (CAFC) @ 1-888-495-8501? Have you contacted local law enforcement? Doesn't look like you've left a review for these businesses either.

Re: There is someone using the address of my business in their MY BUSINESS Ads and scamming

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Phil's comments, have you also marked the business as spam on Maps? If not I recommend doing that.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog