AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

The Palm Chicago also hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have owned and operated The Palm Chicago since inception.  For some reason, the hotel in which we operate claimed our GMB page sometime in the past.  Swissotel has been unable lo located the recipient of we****@swissotel.com with the limited information provided by Google. 

We have been trying for over a year to get ownership of our GMB page.  We have reached out every way we can.  We can provide a copy of our lease, our Federal Tax ID number, our Sales Tax number, etc.  Or someone could simply review thepalm.com and see that The Palm Chicago is one of 24 restaurants our 91 year old company operates. 

The Palm Chicago was closed for renovations on January 1st, however we once again tried to suggest an edit (denied), request ownership (denied) so Google is broadcasting incorrect information about our business.

Please help.  

The Palm Chicago also hijacked

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I would recommend getting in touch with Google My Business Support and explaining the situation. Since you have documentation you can show, Google should be able to help you gain control over your business. You can call their hotline, or reach out to them on social media. (Twitter | Facebook ) 

Also, you should be able to appeal a rejected ownership request, but if not, I would definitely contact support.

I hope this helps, best of luck to you!