AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Teapot Chinese Restaurant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had an old employee help create our business listing.   When the employee verified the account he put himself as the owner.  The employee left the company and will not grant us access.   We have followed all the instructions that google gives to get control of your listing.  We asked for admin rights.  We waited for 7 days.   The problem is the old employee denies us ownership.  I spent over two hours with google customer service and they claim there is nothing they can do,     Also it is an unfriendly help center with most people speaking English as a second language.  There has to be a way to send a copy of our tax return or business license or something.  I might even have to ask our senator for help.   Does anyone have any idea how to get this resolved.   All we want is access to our business listing.  Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Teapot Chinese Restaurant

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Scott A

have you applied this procedure exacly:

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

and waht have you used an account based on the domain of the restaurants website?

Are you located in Cayce, SC - if not please provide a link to the GMB listing in question.