AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Tap calling a Google Search Business number, crosses number, post-tap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Louisville Mega Cavern
1841 Taylor Avenue Louisville, KY 40213

We (Louisville Mega Cavern) have been getting a lot of "crossed-line" calls in the last two months. Customers pull up our Google Business page, our correct number is displayed, but once they tap it (mobile / tablet) the number some how gets crossed and sends them to another business. Additionally , we've received calls for people looking for other businesses (local: DMV, Immigration Office, Planet Fitness, various physicians, etc.) and all have mentioned they tapped the number of the business (specifically displayed through Google search) they wanted and it sent them to us.

Any help? Is there somewhere I should direct this issue to?

Thank you,
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Louisville M

I remember having dealt in the past with few other users reporting about similar cross calling hassle.

In the other cases the callers have been users using a Apple mobile and have been indeed directd to a phone number "X" despite on the mobile results for a certain listing it displayeda phone number "y"  

For Android users and for th same business listing thsi cross calling didn't happen.

Same is in your case:

I and searching with my Android for your device I get your number  (502) 855-6342 displayed and clicking the phone icon it starts dialling this number proberly.

Unfortunatly I don't own a iPhone

So I can't be sure.

Can you please double check whether your "cross callers" are calling you from iOS mobiles?
In this case I would consider it a new instance of the older issue and reescalate it to Google as TC of this forum.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Tap calling a Google Search Business number, crosses number, post-tap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

The majority, if not all have been android users. It doesn’t appear to happen to every android user however.

Thank you for your attention to this.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Louisville M

I'm afraid but for Android I can't replicate it.