My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

THIS IS ABOUT GOOGLES USELESS GOOGLE + & OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started setting the Google PLUS Business for the business I work for - VENTRICA - I am the current social media executive and have been charged with setting up a G+ Business account for the company.

I NEED the ownership rights ASAP as this is my job, role, remit and purview to get this done.

Then Google informed me I do not have ownership of the necessary rights, but the person who set the old G+ page up has since left the company. 

I have spoken on the phone, to find a dreadful level of customer service. 

Please - transfer the rights!

My credentials and contact information is all below.
JC Connington - Ventrica Social Media Executive
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: THIS IS ABOUT GOOGLES USELESS GOOGLE

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello JC,

The link you've provided at the top of your first post goes to a personal profile, not a business page. This can not be claimed through any Google process. The person who set it up needs to delete it or provide you with the access details for it.

I did find this listing though: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Ventrica/@51.537539,0.715058,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xd7e8d76e...

Is that the page you wish to get control over? If so, you need to follow the steps outlined in this help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

(Hope you don't mind me jumping in here Mike).

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Re: THIS IS ABOUT GOOGLES USELESS GOOGLE + & OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
These are the company details!
I need the rights transferred to:
either - james.connington@ventrica.co.uk OR
ventricaUK@gmail.com ASAP!

t. +44 (0) 1702 455996
w. www.ventrica.co.uk
a. Ventrica, Tylers House, Tylers Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 2BB

Re: THIS IS ABOUT GOOGLES USELESS GOOGLE + & OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is a volunteer forum and we have no ability to what you ask.

The procedure, as we understand it, is to attempt to verify and claim the listing via the verification process. When they note that you do not own the listing and whether you want to request access via the current owner, do so.

After 10 days, call support and explain the situation that happened above, prove that you are in fact related to the business and ask their assistance.

If you provide the URL for the listing, we may be able to be of more assistance. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Who shall I call and on what number? Considering today I spoke to 2
advisors, you cut us off twice and when I gave the name of one advisor I
spoke to, no one there knew who I was talking about.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mike Blumenthal (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello JC,

The link you've provided at the top of your first post goes to a personal profile, not a business page. This can not be claimed through any Google process. The person who set it up needs to delete it or provide you with the access details for it.

I did find this listing though: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Ventrica/@51.537539,0.715058,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xd7e8d76e...

Is that the page you wish to get control over? If so, you need to follow the steps outlined in this help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

(Hope you don't mind me jumping in here Mike).

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Priya,

I have followed the steps you recommend - but unfortunately I have been told to wait for 7-10 days until the current owner decides whether to transfer or reply to the email or not. That's a long time to wait, when as I said to the Google peeps on the phone - I have all the credentials that I am who I say I am, and can vouch for the business from my end with impunity. I felt frustrated that google only have in place one workaround to this solution, which takes over a week to implement. I appreciate you and Mike trying to help, but I have already exhausted (it seems) - the extent of google's limited options in this matter :(

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi JC,

I know it seems like a long time, but this process is designed to stop spammers from taking over company pages without an owner's knowledge. Sadly this does mean lots of us have to jump through hoops that we might normally not have to.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's OK, Priya, I am resigned to the wait now, but felt that the process could use some work in order to accelerate genuine business owners or people who have credentials to hand... In any case, your replies have been informative and clear, so thanks for that! (And Mike!)