AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Strange bug: Business page associated with my account, BUT IT"S NOT MINE! (And I can't delete it)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had Google+ disabled for as long as it exists.

When I logged in to Google History today (at https://history.google.com/) I suddenly saw the business "Borstvoedingscentrum Delft" listed among the accounts as a Google+ page:

The Google+ page listed among accounts

Now, I have nothing to do with this business, except that I happen to know the owners through a friend of a friend, but I have never searched for them online nor have I looked up their Google+ page. I'm 100% sure these people were never on a computer where I was logged in either.

Somehow this page got associated with my account. 

I suspect it would normally be quite easy to disassociate this from my account, but before I can get anywhere, I first need to activate my Google+ profile, which requires me to agree with the terms and services, which I explicitly do not want.

Under the Google Dashboard I can also see this page associated with my account, even though(!) Google+ is completely disabled for my account.

Please help me remove this page from my account!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Govert V
June 2016

Re: Strange bug: Business page associated with my account, BUT IT"S NOT MINE! (And I can't dele

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

maybe you are not the page owner but a manager  of this "Borstvoedingscentrum Delft" only.

Do you see it in business.google.com/manage?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Govert V
June 2016

Re: Strange bug: Business page associated with my account, BUT IT"S NOT MINE! (And I can't dele

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

maybe you are not the page owner but a manager  of this "Borstvoedingscentrum Delft" only.

Do you see it in business.google.com/manage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut, thanks for taking the time to reply.
When I go to business.google.com/manage? it did ask me to agree to the terms and services of Business but it did seem less invasive than Google+. I was listed as (sole) owner of the business and I managed to delete the business there.

Thank you!