4.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Still no resolution with Google Business Listing Nightmare

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If anyone can suggest a way to fix this I would be so grateful. Please Help Tim Capper, Eric Gehler, and Helmut

We purchased a business in March and legally dissolved the business former (Chrysler on Nicholasville) we then opened a New business Big M Superstore Chrysler Dodge Fiat Jeep and Ram at the same address as the old business. 

The google results are showing up correctly with the exception of the Google Business Listing it has our name (well it says Big M Superstore) and has mostly correct information except all the reviews are for the former business and not very flattering

Here is what I have done so far.
  • I have access the original email account that the former business used for Google My Business (Chrysler On Nicholasville) I have given primary ownership of the listing to the email address for the new business. 
  • I have set the former listing to Closed Permanently
  • I have created a new listing and verified by post card 3 Times, Each time the new listing shows up but still have the crappy reviews from the former business.
  • I have requested a call and spoken with 4 different people in India who tell me to create a new listing and verify it by post card. 

Its a cycle that has me going nuts. This is putting my job and reputation in jeopardy I am completely out of ideas. The bottom line is that the reviews showing on the listing are more than 97% in error (or related to a business that is no longer in existence) I need to get the correct information listed and start getting reviews for our business. I am not joking when I say my job is on the line. 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

BIG,

thanks for posting over here- I will Ping Tim and Helmut to take a look..

Re: Still no resolution with Google Business Listing Nightmare

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks for the ping @Eric Gehler

Hey @Big M S

Just to clarify, the business page and details are all correct for the new business, It is just the previous businesses reviews that have followed across.

Secondly, the business page for Big M Superstore is unclaimed and unverified.

Big M Superstore   Google Search.png

So, you are going to need to claim and verify this first.

Once claimed and verified, I can then escalate this and ask for previous business reviews to be removed.

You will need to prove that this was purchased and at what date.

I cannot escalate as it is now, because being unclaimed or unverified, there will be no account details that the Google team can contact you on.

Message back on this thread when claimed and verified and I'll get it sent up to the Google team.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The current listing online is unclaimed as all the others had been marked
as permanently closed per my chats with the call back representatives. I am
waiting for the verification post card. If there is a email or someway to
privately send the copy of the pertinent section of the Buy Sell agreement
I can forward that info.

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Big M S

I cannot escalate until this is a verified business, when it is, I can escalate and they will request docs from you then.

If I escalate now, it will be kicked back, because it is not owned by anyone.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So today I received the Verification Code and I verified the correct listing (Again) the listing is showing live on Google as Big M Chrysler Dodge Fiat Jeep RAM and has all the correct information but as I feared it would all the reviews from Chrysler on Nicholasville had been carried over to this new Business Listing.

I genuinely don't know what to do at this point. If anyone can please help me get these reviews removed ( as they have nothing to do with our business). Even the latest reviews are from people who purchased something from the dealership that was here before and expect our dealership to do something for them. We didn't purchase their customers, we never purchased their warranties, They have another location still open in another town. We just bought the business and legally dissolved it and opened a location of a company that has long been established, Montgomery CDJR with locations across the US. We are DBA as Big M Chrysler Dodge Fiat Jeep RAM in Nicholasville KY. 

Can someone please help me. I am just the IT and Internet Relations Director and that future isn't looking bright if I can't resolve this. If you need legal proof I can send a portion of the Buy Sell Agreement, I can get you anything you need. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Big M S

I really don't understand your posts. My last one was, " tell me when verified and I can escalate"

All you needed to say was, " Hey Tim, Its verified, can you escalate this"

Anyway, I will escalate this now.

Please keep an eye on the account email as I am pretty sure that they will need evidence of when business was sold and when new was started.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, I didn't realize it was only replying to you. I have had to go over this so many times it has almost became a habit. I apologize for the long reply. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I haven't received any emails about the issue, any suggestions? Thanks

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Big M S

You will need to be patient as escalations go into a que.

Thanks