My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Spam ownership request denied and now my business has been disabled - coincidence or not?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Kev Field Driving Instructor

38 Dove Tree Road, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England, LU7 3UP

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Kev+Field+Driving+Instructor/@51.9235533,-0.64851,17z/data=!3m1!...

www.driver-skills.co.uk

I manage my husbands Google My Business Listing which I've done for a few years (its used to be Places if that helps date it at all!)  I keep the page updated with photos, we've recently been more active in asking clients to leave reviews and I've been using the new Posts facility.   On Wednesday I received an email saying that a business competitor had requested ownership of the listing which I declined stating that the requestor had no relationship to the business.  Today I go online to add a new driving test pass photo to the page to find out its been disabled.  I've read the quality guidelines as requested and can't see an obvious reason why its been disabled so can't help wondering if it has something to do with the ownership request or if that is just a coincidence?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Spam ownership request denied and now my business has been disabled - coincidence or not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

hey @Tracey F

is it marked "disabled" or "suspended" in your dahboard.

And why ist at the mentioned address no signage of your business visible through GMAps street view?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Spam ownership request denied and now my business has been disabled - coincidence or not?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It says disabled. The address is our residential address, my husband is a driving instructor so all lessons are given in car within our home town of Leighton buzzard so we don't have a store front and clients only come to our home address if they are having help with the theory side of the driving test. He is a sole trader so an independent business working for himself. The same as all driving instructors in our area with business listings.

Thank you for looking into it for us, we've managed the listing for years with no issues and I'm keen to change anything that needs to be changed to have it reinstated as this is our core business!

Tracey

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Tracey F

make sure to define a appropriate service area and uncheck "I also serve customers at my business addres"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Helmut Geissler

I've unchecked customers served at this location and left customers served at their locations and set a 13km radius. Very grateful for your help, if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Will Google support let me know the reasons for disabling the listing so I can avoid future problems?  Will this have been a coincidence or could it be to do with the competitor trying to claim our business listing?

Tracey

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I don't believe Google will tell yo the reason.

And we very rarely deal here with cases of "disabling".

Mostly/maily  the listings suffer on getting "suspended".

To see what could cause being "disabled" I would like seeing 

1# the message showing it is disabled

2# screenshots showing the listing in question in  your dashboard - Showing its content in the edit modus.

@Tracey F

Re: Spam ownership request denied and now my business has been disabled - coincidence or not?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Below are the screenshots from the My Business App, the page looks slightly different on the PC so if you would like those ones instead just let me know.  There was no message from Google to tell us the listing had been disabled, I found out because I had gone to the listing to add a new photo of a pupil who passed their test yesterday.  I do know that the listing was active on Wednesday when the ownership request came through so it was disabled some time between the two events. I've been reading and rereading the guidelines and also scouring the forum for possible reasons and wondered if any of the following could be reasons:

* Is the business name considered to have too many keywords?  Kev Field Driving Instructor  this is his business name what his Facebook is called and the name used when we submit our accounts.  However we could change to Kev Field Driving or Kev Field Driver Skills on Google if that is the problem.

* I've always put keywords, our postcode and website URL  into the properties of the photos that I use everywhere online, Facebook our website and of course the Business Listing - is this considered spammy?

* My husband does some occasional work on a consultant basis for two other companies, Tri Coaching and Caledonian LDT, training people to become driving instructors or to become better driving instructors.  Both of these companies have published Business Listings at our address.  Reading through the forums about multiple businesses and a single address I now wonder if this may have compromised the validity of my husbands listing?  We have a good relationship with both of these businesses so while we don't have primary ownership should we request they delete their listings?

* I am also self employed as a reflexologist with my own business listing so no connection with any sort of driving, the business is a different category and has different contact details but is obviously using the same address.  This would be more difficult to take down as while I have primary ownership this would have an impact on my business.  However I would prioritise my husbands listing as his is the bigger income.

I'm certainly learning a lot in the process and realise that I've always taken the free listing offered by Google for granted so I'm sure that the eventual results will be that I become a more informed Google user! 

IMG_2647.PNGIMG_2648.PNGIMG_2649.PNG

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Tracey F

I honestly never have seen a listing in such "disabled" status.

And I definetivly have to ask Google about it.

Can do thsi due to the weekend on Monday at the earliest.

We have therefore bit time to double check how the same listing looks in oyur dashboard on a PC.

Please make two screen grabs:

One after you clicked "Manage Location"

and the other one after having clickes top right "EDIT"

And what other listings beside of the "Kev Field Driving Instructor" is managed in the same dashboard?

Can I get all the details of any other such listing please?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Helmut Geissler

Yes I guessed that the weekend would mean a delay in finding out info from Google.

Here is the screenshot of the dashboard.  Feet First Reflexology is my business and Kev Field Driving Instructor is my husband.  I have primary ownership of both listings. 

I help out Caledonian LDT with their driving instructors listings so I am a manager on Keith Day (located in Milton Keynes) and Mat Rawlings (located in Houghton Conquest) business listings as they are a little tech shy so I keep their pupil test pass photos updated for them.  Both are located at their individual home addresses in different towns where they live and work and they cover different service areas.

Caledonian Driving Instructor Training is one of the business listings that I wondered may be in conflict?  I am a manager on this listing but don't have primary ownership.  This listing was created by Caledonian as my husband does some work for them and is located at our home address.  We have a good working relationship with Caledonian and feel sure that if this listing were part of the problem that I could request it be closed.

2017-07-15.png

Here are the other two screenshots, two after I click Manage Location (so that you can see the full screen)

2017-07-15 (1).png2017-07-15 (2).png

And here is the screenshot after I click top right EDIT

2017-07-15 (3).png

I really am very grateful for your time.  I hope that as its something new that you haven't seen before that you at least find it interesting to look into and maybe gain some new information from Google for you :)

Tracey

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

How is it possible that your husband (or you for him) specified a listing ("Kev Field  Driving Instructor) your husband owns and is running from and at  your address and also specifying/managing  a listing as the "Caledonian Driving Instructor Training" from the same address.

Having two service area listings  from the same address means the Owner of both listings are running the business from the address and this is their home address.

Means your husband is to consier as the owner of two competiong driver instruction businesses - both will run from the same address and the Caledonian covers entri UK - this is more as suspicious.

Under this conditions I have to withdraw my willingness to help you with the disabled "Kev Field Driving Instructor" business.