AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Spam Listing with fake reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone opened a fake google local page for our business. They put images in it that are of products we do not sell and had two people write 1/5 star fake reviews. The reviews are about parts and we do not even sell parts. I was able to get the code in the mail and take over the account but now I have to figure out how to get rid of these reviews. Can i just close the spam location? Or can I get the reviews deleted?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spam Listing with fake reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Travis P - is this the listing you're referring to? https://goo.gl/maps/LF44QYRU7C22

It should be removed for being ineligible according to the GMB guidelines. Please confirm this is the listing you're talking about. I will escalate it for removal.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. Yes that is the one. We did not make that and the address was not even pointing to us on the map. I was able to take over the listing and update it with our real address. I also was able to request removal but it is still there. I've deleted it from our account so I no longer have access to do anything to it. Please delete it if you can.

Thank you!

-Travis

Re: Spam Listing with fake reviews

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Travis P - the listing has been removed.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom I really appreciate the help! I just hope now this doesn't hurt our search ranking. It should have never been there so I'm hoping it won't have any affect on our search results.

Thank you!

-Travis