AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone verified my business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I claim my business when someone else has verified it.

I know of no person (business or private) with a email ma........@gmail.com Every helpline I call or find for Google does not help. Whoever has claimed my business has removed information on maps and has the wrong hours.

National Building Services & Maintenance Inc.

300 E. Magistrate St.

Chalmette, LA 70043

www.nationalbuilding.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone verified my business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now I am getting calls from people trying to sell me my listing. They claim to be a partner with Google but won't deal with me since I am not the business owner. Please help.

Jared

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jared @Nat Build Serv

Follow the steps under 'request access' on this page. Do not pay anything or deal with them to get the listing.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom,

I have tried those to no avail.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Nat Build Serv

Hi Jared,

You went through the request access steps and didn't hear anything back, correct?

Now try going to https://business.google.com/add/info and then type the business name and select the correct suggested listing when it appears. When you hit continue does it allow you to verify it now or do you see the same message you saw before stating that someone else already verified the listing?

Note that you will need to attempt this from the same account you used when you went through the request access steps.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok got the same message I did when I first tried to verify last month. It allowed me to redo the request which it hasn't since I first did it.

Jared

Someone verified my business.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The process did change a few weeks ago, likely after your initial attempt. Go ahead and request again (if you haven't already).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK been 7 days as instructed and still no response. What is my next step Tom?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW Is there a number I can call or is this still my best bet? I have been getting the most info from you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW What is my next step to get control of MY Business?