AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone own the google business account But not me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business name :
sisters cafe lunchbar

Current business address unit 1 1 fielden way, port Kennedy
Tel
61 8 95245646
google plus link

https://g.co/kgs/DbVDmK

i am the new owner of this shop from 19 sep 2016.
when I got this shop, the one who set this account not currently shut it or delete it, also put lots of wrong informations online .
I hv my legal documents to provide that I am the new owner and I need to shut this link down at the moment .

please tell me what I can do now and what documents I needs prove that I am the current owner who own the shop now .
It such a big issue that some of my customers can not find us because the phone call and web are totally weknf

1 Expert replyverified_user

Someone own the google business account But not me

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can request ownership transfer:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you but if the behaviour you mentioned is true, you might consider that option carefully.
The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.
From that point they may request the documentation you mention.

Also, when I search for "sisters cafe lunchbar" I do get a listing with the same address  you've included above, just not the same phone number.

You will also want to update the website with the new details - Google will consider the website an authority reference point.  If it's not right, it will slow the whole process down.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog