My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone is using my Business information without authorization on Google Business Page!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi please i need help!!!

Here is the problem 3 years ago a guy came to my business to offer me his services to make a website for my shop and in the moment i didn't want it because i didn't have the money to spend in a website but anyways he made the website, when he came to my business to show me the website that i didn't authorize him to make, i agreed  to pay him $500 because it was a nice website and i know he put work on it but here is the problem he made the website and everything was under his name and  he never gave me anything for me to access or make changes, the big problem is that now that my business is doing better i decided that i need to have a new website with updated information and one of my customers offer me her services and she made a new website for me but when she was trying to connect the new website with google business page is not possible because i don't have the access information because he also create that page without my authorization. Now i have request google 2 times for the ownership right administration of the page  and they contacted him but in the other side he said he wont give me the admin rights unless i pay him $1000 dollars and of course i don't gonna pay that to get the admin rights of the page of my business and google answer is that he is the owner and if he doesn't agree to give me the rights there is nothing that they can do and is not fair because he is using the information of my business that is not accurate without my authorization, is there anything else that i can do?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone is using my Business information without authorization on Google Business Page!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Since you already went through the process of requesting Admin rights through Google you should now contact My Business support to request their assistance with the transfer of ownership.

My Business support can be contacted by pressing the Contact Us link at the top of the Business help center
https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
A call back can be requested from the support team during regular business hours.
Monday - Friday, 1 AM - 5 PM PDT

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Re: Someone is using my Business information without authorization on Google Business Page!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
At first, anybody can't verify a G+ business page without the authorization because verification requires postcard or phone verification to business address and business phone number. However, you may require a domain email authorization and a valid scan copy of business registration with your snap or signature to proof yourself as real business owner. Contact GMB team here https://support.google.com/business/contactflow and discuss with above details. It may solve your issue.

For old website access, you need to contact them because you agreed to pay them $500.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thank you for your response but i have tried several times to contact with google and the call that i receive is from India and they just say if the owner of the listing is not giving me permission there's nothing that they can do, is there any way that i can contact with google directly here in USA?

I have all the documentation to show that im the business owner!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
the info you got from Indian support rep was definitively wrong.
Main reason:
there is a HC article describing the procedure: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en
Have you tried following this steps already before contacting support?
More:
Did you got from the Indian support any case ticket ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut thank you for response, i already tried that couple times and when they contact me back i get the same response from the Indian customer service, if the person who created the page doesn't give you the ownership right to manage the business we can't do it because he is the owner of the listing and i explained to them im the business owner but he refused to give me the rights unless i pay him $1000, i also requested then to open case and all that they said is that i need to contact the person who created the page :(

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
the info you got remains being wrong (at least IMHO)

What are the details of the Business page in question (Name. Adddress and Phone or a link to it)
and you can't provide me with a "case number" (this would be helpful too)

Getting the requested info I will escalate the thread to our communication manager of this forum

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is my Business Page and like i said they never gave me a case number, do i need to contact again and ask for a case number?

https://www.google.com/#q=divine+escape+salon+and+spa

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Yes Divine

contact them again and ask for a case ID (as you got from the Help forum
the hint about this page "Someone else verified my business
<>".
And you would be going to escalate the matter to Moutain View through a Top
Contributor in case they will not help you to claim your own business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut i just talked again with a customer service representative from India and they are giving me the same answer "If the owner of the google listing don't agree to share or transfer the ownership of the listing, there's nothing that we can do", they say i need to contact directly with him and they can't open a case for me in that situation, :(