AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone is making changes to my GMB listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some one have been changing things in my GMB listing. I have had to go back and change Hours of Operation and other things. Today I got a Request of ownership email from GMB, which I refused.

When I go to GMB and check the users, I am the only user listed and show as primary owner. How is it that someone can make changes on my account?

Esso-Ramsey Motors Ltd.

525 First Ave., Carberry MB R0K0H0

204-834-3201

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Esso+-+Ramsey+Motors+Ltd./@49.8709043,-99.3610376,20z/data=!4m12!1m...

www.RamseyMotors.ca

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Brian R - A quick suggestion is to search your business and see where it might be listed as Google looks at those directories as well and could be updating your hours from that information. 

Example: https://poidirectory.com/find/canada/petrol/Esso_CA/ESSO-Carberry.html shows it being open 8AM to 9PM.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan

I have checked some of listings, but I don't control what is listed on those site, nor can I edit them.

who ever is attempting to change my GMB listing has also tried to change the name, remove my website address, tried to change our address. 

I guess my question is how are they able to access my listing. I am the only one listed as user/owner.  Today I got a ownership request, which I refused.

Brian Ramsey
Someone has requested ownership of Esso on Google My Business.
EM_2 GMB, Employee
emgmb02@gmail.com
+918071085659

Visit our Help Center
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this email to update you about important changes related to your Google My Business product or listing.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You can request those other directories to update the information. Anyone can suggest an edit for a business listing.

In regards to someone requesting ownership that's completely different. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there not a difference between a suggested update and them actually being changed. Usually I can review updates and either accept of reject them. These changes had been made without me accepting them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brian,

Today I searched my business and my listing title had completely changed.  I did not make the change and the words I had used were crossed out.  I believe I was hacked.  I have reinstated the words I used on the Google Ad but as the only user (at least I would like to think so) I do not know how someone can do this.  Now I have to wait for the changes to be verified.  Also, a few clients have left reviews but they do not appear.  Please let me know if you have any success, or if there is someone to contact.

CADesignIT