AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone has verified my business and is not responding to the claim for ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a google business listing, Waters SE23, when I first opened my business. I verified it by post as we didn't have a phone line set up straight away and I didn't want to give out my mobile number.

Someone has since registered and seemingly verified the same address under the name Waters Enterprises LTD and they have put MY mobile number online as the contact.

I have tried to claim ownership of the listing but they are not answering the request.

Their listing overrides my listing which has several 5 star ratings attached to it.

I am also bemused as to how someone with no access to my business or telephone has been able to verify another listing at my address.

Any ideas as to how this A. Has happened? and B. How it can be resolved?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone has verified my business and is not responding to the claim for ownership.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Stephen W

Thanks for coming to the community! It looks like you may have forgotten some important information that I'll need in order to address your issue. Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

Once I have that information, ​I​'ll do my best to help. 
Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Someone has verified my business and is not responding to the claim for ownership.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1. Business Name

Waters Enterprises, However I registered and verified Waters SE23 has have future expansion plans.

2. Business Address

14 Perry Vale London SE23 2LD

3. Business Phone number

The business does not have a phone number, the number listed on the other account is my personal mobile number which I do not want listed.

4. Maps URL

This is the listing I'm trying to claim https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/WATERS+ENTERPRISES+LTD/@51.4397234,-0.0520349,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!...

This is my listing https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Waters+SE23/@51.4397234,-0.0542236,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0...

5. Website

www.watersenterprises.co.uk