AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone has pinned my property on their google my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Researching this for a client:

They own a property with an event venue that they rent out.
A wedding planner has listed the client's property as the address for her business through Google my business.
When the address is searched in google maps, the wedding planner's information is associated and misrepresents the property.
She is not employed by the property owners, she does not have her business office at their property, she does not use it as a mailing address. She is on the property only on the occasion that she is hired by a third party to coordinate an event. 
The property owners would like to have the information of their choosing associated with their property on google maps.

Looking for advice on the best way to approach this.

The property owners have not set up a Google my Business account yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa L
October

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Lisa l

I would recommend the business owners take the following steps:

1. Create a Google My Business listing for their business and verify. 

2. Search the wedding planning business in Google Maps. In the knowledge graph (business profile to the left of the map) click "Suggest an edit." Switch the toggle next to "Place is permanently closed or has never existed" to Yes. For reason, select "Never existed." Google My Business guidelines state that ineligible businesses include: "An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent." The wedding planner's listing should be unverified because she does not receive mail at the business.

The wedding planner is breaking Google My Business guidelines by stating an incorrect address: "In order to qualify for a Google My Business listing, a business must make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours." As an aside, the wedding planner could list her business as a Service Area Business

Best of luck to you and your client!

Allie 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa L
October

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Lisa l

I would recommend the business owners take the following steps:

1. Create a Google My Business listing for their business and verify. 

2. Search the wedding planning business in Google Maps. In the knowledge graph (business profile to the left of the map) click "Suggest an edit." Switch the toggle next to "Place is permanently closed or has never existed" to Yes. For reason, select "Never existed." Google My Business guidelines state that ineligible businesses include: "An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent." The wedding planner's listing should be unverified because she does not receive mail at the business.

The wedding planner is breaking Google My Business guidelines by stating an incorrect address: "In order to qualify for a Google My Business listing, a business must make in-person contact with customers during its stated hours." As an aside, the wedding planner could list her business as a Service Area Business

Best of luck to you and your client!

Allie 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Allie. That was where my train of thought was going. I appreciate the information!