6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone has my Google Plus and Gmail Name of my Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I own the company New Skool Marketing and have registered this Business officially with the county I live in. I also own the trademark and website for the name and logo. What do I do if someone has the Google+ name, Youtube channel and Gmail account registered with the company name I own?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Betsy,

Digital properties have no absolute alignment with an actual business, so there is not really anything you can do. It is best to do online searches for a business name before using it for a new company... and to secure all of the social properties across the board (even if not wanted at that time) before taking a company/brand live to the world.

Some companies will contact those that hold the digital assets they want and try to negotiate the trade or purchase from them. Sometimes the holders will give them up freely. As a web developer and agency owner I get contacted from time to time with offers of all types. 

When I hit what you do for clients, we simply have to decide how to make the digital assets personal. If your company is New Skool Marketing... we would consider making all the social media pages personal by adding in our location (city, etc.) or adding in something that aligns well. Or we put them in the owner's name or something like this. For emails, we generally will use a domain name email (for public use and giving out) and/or some will forward this to a unique Gmail account like newskool.helper@ or some custom variation that works. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I reported their google+ as an "impersonator" and this helped. You can upload proof that you are the business owner. I also went to youtube and reported their youtube as an impersonator. So if you have this problem, that's how you solve it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Betsy,

Thanks for the reply. 

Did you gain ownership of the pages by doing so? Or what was the actual outcome of you flagging them?

Kind Regards,

James