AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone has hijacked my Google Business Listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am a business owner with a google listing that has been suspended due to duplicate information.  Upon review, it looks like someone not associated with the business Registered for ownership and created their "own" Business listing.  I have verified that this person has no relation to the business, as I am the sole proprietor.  Google Corporate has been very unhelpful in the situation, simply telling me that my only option is to ask the registered "owner" for access.  Said person has denied my requests.  I would like to take legal action against this person (another issues which Google Corporate seems to be unable to offer an advice on).  Does anyone have any advice as to how to do this?  Google will also not allow me to contact this person, as their email address is starred (****) out.

Any advice would be very helpful.

Business info:

Cinnabon at Dulles Town Center

21100 Dulles Town Circle Suite 140

Sterling, VA 20166

cinnabon6562@gmail.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=cinnabon+dulles+town+center&oq=cinn&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61l3j69i57...

Thank you,

Upset Business Owner

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone has hijacked my Google Business Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Douglas H

I think it's likely someone at the Cinnabon corporate level has ownership of the listing. I would try reaching out to them to see if you can find out any info.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.