AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone got access to my google bussiness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. This happened to us as well. May I ask how you found who "owns" the Google page? I cannot find out how to get this info so we can contact them directly.

By the way, Google Help says you can click "Appeal" in the email but there is no such button... :-(

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MargaretO (Top Contributor)
December

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1. The email showed the following (Sandy is my wife, who initiated this). You can see there is no "Appeal Now" field.  :-)

2. It turns out that the franchise "owns" the page and they are giving us access so we are all good. Thank you for the reply, though.

Sandy Ford
Sorry, the owner of Anytime Fitness has rejected your request to become an owner on Google My Business.
  Visit our Help Center
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this email to update you about important changes related to your Google My Business product or listing.

View solution in original post

Re: Someone got access to my google bussiness

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Mike N

Could you provide two things:

1) can you copy & paste or add a screenshot of the email with the misleading text

2)  include the following info about your business so we can investigate 
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MargaretO (Top Contributor)
December

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1. The email showed the following (Sandy is my wife, who initiated this). You can see there is no "Appeal Now" field.  :-)

2. It turns out that the franchise "owns" the page and they are giving us access so we are all good. Thank you for the reply, though.

Sandy Ford
Sorry, the owner of Anytime Fitness has rejected your request to become an owner on Google My Business.
  Visit our Help Center
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this email to update you about important changes related to your Google My Business product or listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anytime Fitness is a franchise is it not?
My guess would be that the Franchisor retains control of all Google Business listings.
If your wife runs an Anytime Fitness franchise, she needs to contact the Anytime Fitness head office and speak to someone there. This is not a simple case of an independent business not being able to control their own listing, franchises are a whole different kettle of fish!

Re: Someone got access to my google bussiness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Matthew,

You nailed it. :-)

The franchise does own the page and they added my wife's email so she can
make changes.

Thanks!

Mike