AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone got access to my google bussiness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, My business Taj Indian Restaurant 1256 South Park Street Madison WI 53715 608 268-0772. taj-madison.com

That is my business information. 

A few days ago someone request to gain access to my account. I did not accept or anything. This person demoted me and took ownership of the account. I need my page asap so i can contact my customers. Also because they have control i dont want them to change information of my business 

I need help asap. I did not give any access.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anita K
October

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anita K

That's most unusual. 

Have you followed the steps in this article?  https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

Unfortunately you'll need to go through a process with Google.  If the person declines your ownership request, you'll then need to reply to Google using the caseID and enter into an ownership dispute.  They'll then need documentary evidence you're the owner of the business.

Keep the thread posted of your progress - if you get stuck, ping me back on this thread.  If you do need to post back, add the CaseID that comes in your emails from Google.

One thing I strongly urge you to do is communicate with Google using an email that comes from the exact same domain as the website.  A gmail or hotmail account has far less credibility than does one from the website domain.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anita K
October

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anita K

That's most unusual. 

Have you followed the steps in this article?  https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

Unfortunately you'll need to go through a process with Google.  If the person declines your ownership request, you'll then need to reply to Google using the caseID and enter into an ownership dispute.  They'll then need documentary evidence you're the owner of the business.

Keep the thread posted of your progress - if you get stuck, ping me back on this thread.  If you do need to post back, add the CaseID that comes in your emails from Google.

One thing I strongly urge you to do is communicate with Google using an email that comes from the exact same domain as the website.  A gmail or hotmail account has far less credibility than does one from the website domain.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Thanks you for the info. The person did decline but i did contact them directly and got the listing. 

Thank you