AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone else verified my page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yesterday my office tried to verify my Google business listing to respond to two fake reviews and it appears that it has already been verified by an unauthorized party. I submitted a request to access the business listing from the current "owner." 

I'd like to know how I can view the email that is currently associated with my business listing and how I can switch that email to one that is actively controlled and authorized by my office?

-Amy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amy,

When you Request Ownership the text appears like "This listing has already been verified by xy…@gmail.com. " This can give you some idea about the email who is having ownership rightnow.

If you have any idea about that email you can directly login and manage the listing.

If you have Requested Ownership than wait for 7 days to get response from Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Hardial,

The current email linked to my google business listing is co...@gmail.com which is unrecognizable and has never been used by me nor my office staff. 

I'm hoping that after the 7 day wait time that Google will release the current email address to me so that I can identify the individual who owns that email and fraudulently claimed my business listing as theirs.

Thanks,

Amy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Google will not release this email to you but will send an email at this email address to provide you ownership for this listing. In case there is no response from this email or person managing this email you can process with verifying the business by checking on  View Request status in the email you received earlier from Google.