2.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Someone else verified my page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business has been verified by someone else. I've requested access, waited the 7 days and contacted Google. They initiated the ownership access request. Google came back to say that "As per the listing owner at present they will be managing the listing on their own" and that I would have to wait and see if they would grant me access. 

I replied to the email stating that we own the company domain and also have our email address with the business name through Google. I got a reply stating they have initiated the ownership access and I would have to wait and see if the current owner would give me access. Also, they tell me to contact the business owner but I can't do that, not knowing who they are.

Where we are the rightful business owners I feel like there should be some way to have it transferred to our ownership. It doesn't make sense that I can produce a business license and yet someone else has the ability to control how our establishment's image. Has anyone successfully gotten ownership from some who isn't the actual owner? What process and information would I need to prove that we are the lawful owners? 

I also tried to request a callback through the email sent to me but every link will bring me to this support area. What's the point in having a button that doesn't provide the function it claims? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Someone else verified my page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Krista D

I need the listing url please.

Do you by chance have the support number issued?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

I've spoken with Google on the phone a couple times now and I may have gotten it sorted? The first time was quite a hassle to get some assistance and finally after speaking with a supervisor I was directed to put in an impersonation request and it came back rejected.

The second time I spoke to someone was much easier, they were able to reset the listing and allow me to claim ownership. However, I am still waiting for a postcard in the mail to confirm and have full access.

I am still a little weary that something will be amiss, as it's been quite the process, so I'll give you all the info I have just in case. Regardless of if you can help out more or not I am very grateful that you got back to me! :)

The URL in question is:

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=alberta+mobility&*

The original support number issued is: 3-3194000016120

The two impersonation requests that failed are: 7-8438000015887 & 8-2717000015965

The second call that, hopefully, worked is: 5-1880000016146

Thanks again and have a great day!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Krista D

Impersonation was the wrong advise and I'm glad you got through to a supervisor. 

Postcard should hopefully arrive soon, let me know if successful or you have any issue with verification.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Great news, the postcard arrived and everything is looking good! Thanks again for your help!!

Take good care,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Krista D

Fantastic news, thanks for updating me. I will close of this thread now.